Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new isolator mounts for my 07,2.0 duratec automatic from the dealership. All mounts looked the same except the rear dogbone. My original is a heavier cast mount vs the newer ,lighter aluminum mount. All holes are the same. im assuming ford just changed the casting process. Ive searched online for part numbers but cant really find a definitive answer.i went ahead and installed it and everything matched up.I did find a post that led me to believe I need a different bracket and bolt but I didn't see why. Any thoughts?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I bought new isolator mounts for my 07,2.0 duratec automatic from the dealership. All mounts looked the same except the rear dogbone. My original is a heavier cast mount vs the newer ,lighter aluminum mount. All holes are the same. im assuming ford just changed the casting process. Ive searched online for part numbers but cant really find a definitive answer.i went ahead and installed it and everything matched up.I did find a post that led me to believe I need a different bracket and bolt but I didn't see why. Any thoughts?
Yea Great to use ford/motorcraft dsm/psm's but for the dogbone, I would of used a poly one,,,

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Design changes.

Changed the one on my girlfriends this weekend. Guessing your old and new ones looked like this below ↓↓. I installed it no problems as well and didn't see an issue with the bracket or bolts.

Out of curiosity did you have the rough idle and that's why you changed the mounts? Seems like the rear mount only helped with the shaky idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts