Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo...drop my svt off saturday to be fixed for a noise with the clutch. My service advisor tells me that he wont be able to look at it until today. This being totally fine since i work there, and i leave with my moms car and they get a crappy corolla as a rental. Which leads me to today. I get a call from the advisor saying that i need to come in and sign a paper for the insurance adjuster. Im totally confused since i thought it was just the flywheel and it would take a little over a day to fix. I go in to fone out, o no it needs a WHOLE NEW TRANS. Fabulous. Now granted i love my moms car (2005 subaru legacy fully loaded, love the porsche engine btw) but i miss my car. now i need to wait for the trans to come in and for them to put it in. and beyond that, my battery light was having spasms and it ended up being a bad electrical thing? i dont know, whatever. now im glad i got that extended warranty because its about 4500 for everything. im just mad because i miss my car. Sorry about the length but i just had to vent bout the svt.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
umm fone it?i dont know where that came from. i meant sign it. bad day.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I have an extended warrantee too...but Ive never used it. I always upgrade...

What was the reason you took it in? My car has trouble going into 2nd and its either a cable needs adjusting or a bad synchro..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took it in because when i had my foot off the clutch it made a noise then when i put it back on the clutch it would stop. the car only has 50k miles on it and i just got it two months ago. but its totally worth it.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Mine does that too...since day one...but add the sound of it vibrating off an aluminum flywheel. Sounds great. Or not..

Did they say what was wrong or was a tranny swap just easier?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope...i was just told that it needs a whole new transmission.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats what they told you huh....my dealer replaced my clutch/flywheel for that same prob. and it still hasn't stopped. I don't have an extended warrenty but with as many probs. mine has had since I bought it I'm gonna ditch it for something else when I get back from Iraq. Don't get me wrong I totally love this car...when it's working like it should. I think I just got a lemon out of the bunch cause I don't really hear anything from owners that have them pretty much stock.

·
Registered
607 Posts
hmmm......I was told by my dealer the other day my clutch makes noises?...

granted I don't hear anything.. My clutch pedal squeaks now that I've had my slave cylinder changed[paranoid]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sounds like the clutch TSB.

I don't understand when people are so excited to have new parts (non wear items) put in their car. Your trans isn't going to GO bad. But while replacing it, your opening the door for all kinds of dealer fiascos. LAst time my engine got changed, I got:

1) Smashed O2 sensor (rear), they refused to replace, cost me 50 bucks
2) Smashed headlight. They replaced it, but deny the big dent right next to was done by them
3) Missing bolt in my A/C compressor
4) The header heatshield was put on as an afterthought and is smashed to shit.
5) While driving back to MI last weekend, it started missing like crazy. Turns out to be the coil wire harness. I can't quote the mechanic when I told him the engine was just replaced 4k miles ago. And they conciosly reused this dilapidated thing.

What's much better is when the car goes without problems.

And who told you Subarus have Porsche motors? I think that could invoke some fighting words out of Stuttgart.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Hmmm, mine does too....when you push the pedal almost all the way...the last tiny bit goes...eeek...

·
Registered
356 Posts
BTW Porsche had NOTHING to do with Subaru engines ;) They are similar in design, but vastly different beasts.

·
Registered
607 Posts
And who told you Subarus have Porsche motors? I think that could invoke some fighting words out of Stuttgart.

They are working together on a engine.. That subaru will use as both companies share the same love for the boxster engine

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
An engine?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have not heard that and will believe it when I see it. Is that not grossly sacrilegious?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told by a subaru mechanic and about 10 different people at my work. just telling you what i heard. i know next to nothing about my moms subaru except for the fact it is an awesome car to drive.

sorry bout the confusion or whatever you wanna call it. i was just upset about my car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and by porsche engine i mean it was inspired/configured the same as a porsche 911.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
i can't believe your getting a whole new transmission when it just sounds like the clutch TSB! lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
The clutch TSB includes a new transmission under certain inspection conditions. It's not nice to go about lol'ing at people when you don't know what you're talking about [;)]

[:D]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
well i'm not the one who looked at the car so i can't say that a new transmission is NOT needed but it would suck if all you needed was a new clutch/flywheel. i wouldn't want the stealership doing anymore than they have to.

why don't you just stay over on focal jet if you're going to talk like that. i don't need someone telling me what's not nice to say. you're not my [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g parent

1 - 20 of 33 Posts