Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
looking forward to watching that thing on the dyno tomorrow.

i got my new fairings, hids, and header wrap on my bike yesterday after we got the boost controller on.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Update 2013

Its been a while since i updated this build but i have been sitting on parts and working too much to do anything progressive till now. I had a Kenny Bell Boosta-a-pump installed and upgraded my IWG to 14psi spring. Thanks to Turbo Turtle i also acquired a Greddy Type S electronic boost controller to set the new high boost to 22psi. This is my Dyno sheet and there is still room for growth with an exhaust upgrade but for now its a good start.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
man i was at the dyno and that dyno sheet is still impressive lol. i need to ride in it very soon. i bet its faster than mine was at 353whp b/c of how much power you have under the curve.

Tim

edit: just look at the tq difference at 4k rpm. big difference in that journal bearing 50trim and the gt series

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ash, What all are you doing? I guess you decided to keep it? I am putting a new clutch in mine and selling it later this year or next year.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Ash, What all are you doing? I guess you decided to keep it? I am putting a new clutch in mine and selling it later this year or next year.
now what are you doing?? After all that work you gonna sell it?? What you got up your sleeve. I was gonna sell mine (though everything has a price) but decided to hold on to it and grab a spare car later.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Dyno Results!!!

all that hard work paid off, are the results...
This is about 24psi, 3" turbo exhaust internally gated.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
After 2 years of beginning this thread, the engine work and tuning is complete. The last upgrade will be my SVT front brakes (the rears are on).
Its kinda bittersweet, i never thought i could get this much done. I almost gave it up. But good timing, advice and some very skilled people helped me finish.
Thanks to the FF members and their awesome used parts deals!
Turbo Turtle..you are the man!
Tom (Focus-Power)..first person who welcomed me here and offered plenty of helpful advice.
Sporadic..the inspiration for this whole thing..i saw your build and i knew i could pull this off! Thank you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well your build and sporadic's were an inspiration for me to do my build. I'm diving into the engine build here very shortly and different turbo setup. Hopefully be joining you in the 300 club soon. Thank you for all you insight as well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Well your build and sporadic's were an inspiration for me to do my build. I'm diving into the engine build here very shortly and different turbo setup. Hopefully be joining you in the 300 club soon. Thank you for all you insight as well.
Ahh and the torch is passed once again lol, cant wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gonna get s few more parts in and then I'll start the build thread. Just got a hy35, pte wastegate, 2.3 head, and the t3 manifold you sold me. Gonna get a spare motor to build probably beginning of next month. Definitely keep you posted.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello SaleenT121,

I was reading about your engine build and I think I'll go the same way of yours.

My d20 blew up last night, I was running 11psi on a gt2871. Now I'm looking for pistons and rods.
Do you remember what PN of Wiseco you got? Your engine bore is the stock 87.5?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,312 Posts
Hello SaleenT121,

I was reading about your engine build and I think I'll go the same way of yours.

My d20 blew up last night, I was running 11psi on a gt2871. Now I'm looking for pistons and rods.
Do you remember what PN of Wiseco you got? Your engine bore is the stock 87.5?
Wow, thats a really costly bummer.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
For all those with the Saleen Focus looking for an idea to open the exhaust for your turbo and still keep the sound under control. I choose to use an electronic cutout.
Note: Saleen exhaust is a magnaflow 2.25 diameter and is not suitable for boosting over 8psi.

QTP? must post vids , thats gonna sound wicked[clap][twothumbs]

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
**Update 2015**

Well i got some new parts and decide to re-tune the car. In the form of a list here goes..
-New custom log style turbo manifold
-New GT2871R turbo (replaces old gt28rs)
-New External WG (formally internal gated)
-Plugs now gapped at 28 from 35
-Boost up to 26psi up from 24psi
- KB boost-a-pump is still not maxed out at this level on an otherwise stock fuel system.
-10" air filter

Power level (old) GT28RS
-low boost 14psi:280whp 287wtq
-hi-boost 24psi: 315whp 323wtq

Power level GT2871R
-low boost 16psi: 306whp 282wtq
-Hi boost 26psi: 355whp 370wtq

This is a .86 exhaust housing. I am glad i did this upgrade, its way more punch without being to large a turbo. great for the street and feels amazing! [:D]
Also i have a 3" turbo back exhaust connected with V bands. and external WG dump.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts