Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah, its another good idea but im trying to keep it as simple possible.
ok, i was thinking of drive-ability. no laughn. but a frnd of mine builds custom headers for fun & has a net company that takes 6 t o10 a mnth. but 12 yrs ago when he got into turbos. he had a 2.3 in a mazda rz7 from a turbo coupe. had a hw35 trubo from a dodge ram on it making 25lbs boost. for his extra fuel he took a nos solenoid & put it to fuel rail. then into the intake. at wide open it just shot fuel..lol. but it worked till he got his injectors. i was shocked.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Dyno Update

Finally finished tuning (for now) and saw what that lil turbo can do, I will upgrade at some point in the future but for now with all thats been done im gonna ride with it. Got some video but its sucks LOL.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
SICK!!!! i love that intake manifold. i was going to say i could try to get you some torque spec's if you wanted but i see its already assembled and installed. at least if i was reading it right you said u couldnt find torque specs for bolts. i love the Ford Blue block btw!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
SICK!!!! i love that intake manifold. i was going to say i could try to get you some torque spec's if you wanted but i see its already assembled and installed. at least if i was reading it right you said u couldnt find torque specs for bolts. i love the Ford Blue block btw!
Thanks i havent seen a blue block in a while so i decided to rep ford racing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
A quick rundown on my setup.... Im using a MHI TD04H that i plan on upgrading the wheel to a 19T. Mine has the 15G that you see in the 3000gt volvos and eclipses. I choose this turbo because i had not planned on building the car but wanted to get something that spooled ridiculous fast on a stock motor. Its now on 17psi and rated at 250hp which i have exceeded. The upgraded wheel is rated at 280hp which looking at the dyno should put me right at 300hp which is where i want to be.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just Beat a 350Z last night, i spun first and chased him down in 3rd for a 2 car win!

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
While the car is apart i had decided to upgrade the clutch from my previous spec stage 1 to a spec 2+ 6 puck. I only had 1000 miles on that thing but spec re searfaced my flywheel and upgraded it for cheap. The factory 2.0 had a dual mass so i decided to use an Exedy OEM replacement single mass that is a good bit lighter that that hunk of dual mass garbage. It added up to be about 9lbs lighter than factory....

Note : The spec clutches you buy will not fit the Exedy 2.3L flywheel.
They will fit the factory(flywheel) only, the clutch seems to be too big!
Spec is trying to fix this issue, since you cant machine our flywheels.
They will match your clutch with whatever flywheel choose to you have.

Very nice parts man, I myself am dealing with the flywheel in my 03 2.3l MTX75.

Did you originally replace the a dual mass flywheel with a single piece flywheel?

And if so, could you recommend some good conversion kits for my 03 2.3l? I have the DM flywheel, and I am looking to replace it with a single piece, no serous HP or anything, just a conversion kit. Know any good one's for less then $527?

I found this one> http://www.phoenixfriction.com/p-23772-07-303ck-solid-flywheel-conversion-clutch-kit-ford-focus-23l-8-78.aspx < but it seems a little high to me on pricing?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Very nice parts man, I myself am dealing with the flywheel in my 03 2.3l MTX75.

Did you originally replace the a dual mass flywheel with a single piece flywheel?

And if so, could you recommend some good conversion kits for my 03 2.3l? I have the DM flywheel, and I am looking to replace it with a single piece, no serous HP or anything, just a conversion kit. Know any good one's for less then $527?

I found this one> http://www.phoenixfriction.com/p-23772-07-303ck-solid-flywheel-conversion-clutch-kit-ford-focus-23l-8-78.aspx < but it seems a little high to me on pricing?
That is a good deal if your not looking for an upgraded clutch. Thats the same Flywheel (exedy) that i have and its slightly lighter than the Dual mass.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Cool, thanks man. Hey the only other thing I need to know is, whats up with shims? Am I going to need them behind the flywheel?

This kit says no modifications needed?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Cool, thanks man. Hey the only other thing I need to know is, whats up with shims? Am I going to need them behind the flywheel?

This kit says no modifications needed?
you should not need anything else, i never heard anyone shimming the flywheel...I would not recommend doing that at all.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Exhaust

Just thought i would update a bit, I decide to remove my Cutout setup and finally get a exhaust. Though having a Saleen car my center exhaust had to go in favor of a turn down. The Exhaust is a Trubenz 2.5.

I also decided to upgrade my turbo in the near future to a GT28RS.
I got everything ready to install but im enjoying the car so much after a long year of building that im saving something for later. Plus i really dont need to upgrade being that i already burn my friends LOL.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I plan on blacking out the lower part of the kit with vinyl but this is how she stands now.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I thought the electronic cutout was awesome. You want to sell it? :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I thought the electronic cutout was awesome. You want to sell it? :)
LOL, me too! It sounded beastly but since the flange is attached to the DP and im preparing for a upgrade i decided to remove it.

Sorry man it's promised to Turbo Turtle. He asked for it about a week ago.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts