Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Same happend on my 2.3 dura rebuild no specs haha it turned out good. just search you can find it on the web....i went one thing at the time. sorry dont mean to jack, i was just posting my pic to say.....man i like the blue!!!!!
Are those Weisco pistons?? what compression did you go with.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ehhhhhhh i was doing a budget rebuild. those are stock ranger pistons with valve reliefs. probably lost .0005 cr, stock rods. went with very minor head work...gasket match and new valves. b/s delete. hot tank block, polished crank, balanced...mild to the max just to get it going, next one on the stand will be a nice strong n/a build YEA ITS FOED RED!!!!

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
If you want an aluminum valve cover, instead of the plastic, I have one off the motor I just put in my ST, (I put the plastic one on my car.)

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
I did all the design and R&D for the k1 rods back in late 2004 there good rods at a good price

The bearing tangs are only there to position the bearing in its place when you install it thats all the tangs do , many think there there to keep the bearing from turning but they are not

Tom

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did all the design and R&D for the k1 rods back in late 2004 there good rods at a good price
Tom
That price was a quarter of the cosworth price of rods, im sure there just as good. I don't think this build would have happened otherwise.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
After 2 long months of parts delays and other obstructions, its almost done.
I should get her back Wed. Major props to Turbo Turtle for an excellent job!
Break in and Tuning remain, basically the fun stuff!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Can we trade motors?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update

I have Been working on some little things so my update took a while to post.
The car is running very smooth! Even with the lower compression, u cant tell any difference. Ill be dyno tuning in about a week so im looking for about 300 with this turbo setup.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update

Basically went to the dyno and maxed out the injectors!!!!
Going with 80lb cobra jet and trying again in 2 weeks, though i reached 290hp at 4K and he had to let out cause i ran lean. The boost was about 17-18 psi.

·
Registered
778 Posts
NICE pull. have you thought running secondaries? this way you keep like 24 or 30 for normal driving & the secondaries kick n when they hit the rpm u set the mega squirt for so like 30 all day & then 72 lbs one kick in when ready to build power

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
NICE pull. have you thought running secondaries? this way you keep like 24 or 30 for normal driving & the secondaries kick n when they hit the rpm u set the mega squirt for so like 30 all day & then 72 lbs one kick in when ready to build power
Yeah, its another good idea but im trying to keep it as simple possible.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts