Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my car it didnt have the nitrous, but after i returned from iraq i had some money to spend and i went crazy hooking up my home and had a few bits of change to use on the car. I went to the saleen website and saw they drasticly reduced the spray to 499 so i figured why not. im using it now and im loving it. i just want more speed!!!!!! its so adictive. my question is on a stock 2.0 duratec motor runing the 75 wet shot of nitrous ...can i continue to modify the engine minorly like intake pullies and things of that nature without adding the risk of using this nitrous? Any good advice would be greatly apriciated.[thumb]

·
Registered
57 Posts
honostly I don't see why not if nitrous is hooked right it does no more damage than a turbo or super charger will do. Just nitrous has a on off switch. I have some questions about this kit cuz i was seriously looking to buy this kit, but i wasn't sure if it was what i wanted. Now with the saleen kit it says it programs the ECU how was that done? like did you have to ship your computer out or what?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You can do all of the mods. The spray and your car will like them. [thumb]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice. and about the saleen kit. they dont sell any focus parts anymore but the got the kit from nitrous express. and i got alll the part numbers for it. if you are interested i can get that info to you. the guys at nitrous express are verry helpful and know alot. My car never got a ecu flash with the nitrous and i asked nitrous express about it...they sugest not to do that because the kits are designed to run on stock motors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh ok thats cool, good info man. and if it wasn't any trouble could i possibly get those part #'s from you. And what did this kit all come with? And is it easy to install

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the info you asked for.

nitrous express kit www.nitrousepress.com

1. All ford efi single nozzle system (pt no. 20922-10)
2.nitrous express Genx-2 (pt. No. Genx-2)
3.Nitrous Express NX Rpm Chip 7,000rpm (pt. No. 18970)
4.Nitrous Express NX Rpm Window Switch 3k-6k rpm (pt. No. 18959)

Total cost $1,228.48

you dont realy need the genx kit or the rpm chip they are just nice additons to the kit. but the window switch is a must.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a must but it's great for people who don't like to let off of the gas when shifting or spray too low in the rpm's.

That's an expensive kit... Zex is less than 1/2 that and works just as well

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
genx kit includes: pressure safety switch, liquid filled N2O pressure guage, NHRA approved pressure release fitting, NHRA approved blowdown tube, all the electrical connectors and wire needed to complete the installation. GenX-2 kit includes a purge valve for the NX Ice-Man solenoid. He's talking about alot of stuff to go along with a kit not just a basic zex kit, thats why it cost so much. I wish I had that warmer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
just a quick note, Saleen does sell nitrous kits they are buy PRO FLOW kit cost $499 plus activation kit which costs $399 Nitrous kit part # is on Saleen web site the activation kit you have to talk to parts ask for Jordan or Ned I did have the part # to both but misplaced them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts