Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
As for the 75% that was just off the top of my head but for example the only ones I can think of is the pontiac GTP (fake scoops), Celica (fake scoop), Pontiac Grand AM GT (fake scoop), Mustang (fake scoop), Rav 4 (fake scoop), 4runner (fake scoop) and those are just the ones I can think of I know there are a couple trucks with fake scoops too. The only ones that I can recall with real functional scoops are the EVO, WRX, Firebirds (the one with "RAM AIR" printed by the ram air hood), SRT4 ( I think has a functional one), other than those I don't know how many more cars come with a functional hood scoop from the dealer. I know the Saleen and Roush is not really a dealer car but that is where they are sold new so lets just call them a dealer car. Maybe 75% is a little high ( I don't think so) but you can't argue with at least 50% of them being fake.

In response to your second paragraph, thats the one thing we have all been agreeing with the last 2 pages of posts.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I'd say way more than 75% of them are fake. And that is WAY WAY WAY too much $$$ to spend on a Focus that's not ripping up GT mustangs on the way to lunch.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Dodge Ram SuperBee

Fake

·
Registered
378 Posts
Crux said:
Please tell me you aren't talking about the Roush Focus? That car is even worse than the Saleen. There are precisely zero performance upgrades with that car. Drum brakes? C'mon, how can you call any car a performance car with drum brakes (muscle cars notwithstanding)? All you are getting is a stock Focus with some appearance mods. Oh, and I just love the fake hood scoops. Yeah, that screams 'performance car'. [rolleyes]
hey jackarse the saleen has drums too. did you ever look at mustangs? they have fake hood scoops. roush designed the car with the biggest perk of owning a focus, handling. they dont dick around with throwing a pos bottle in the trunk and adding 400lbs. the stage three is coming with a turbo.

look at the back wheel. see that little yellow line right around the center of the wheel? thats a disc brake.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts