Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read or heard any feedback about the Saleen Focus. Aside from the Saleen website and a small article in Focus Magazine I have not heard much. I talked to one of the dealerships and they said that you could build an 05 but the they are gearing it more to the 06. Will this be the possible replacement for the SVTF? Here is the link,

http://www.saleencanada.com/english/n2o_focus_photo_gallery.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry

Yeah sorry about that post. I should have searched all the forums first, there was another post similar to this one.

·
Registered
970 Posts
just remember that if you hook up the n2o on those, you void your warrenty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a joke, the only way to get one is to order through a dealership, they send it to Montreal to Saleen and you receive it back. If they don't warranty the car even though they sent it away that just sucks! Typical for Ford though. Do they do that with the Mustangs too, or just the Focus?

·
Registered
512 Posts
the dealer where i bought my 05 had a saleen focus in stock 04 model. Yeah if you fill the tank you void the warrenty. pretty fugly car though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just as much torque and horse with my ST why would I pay all that money for the same thing in a hatch? Not looking like a smart option. I am grasping at straws here to find something to replace my SVT. I should never have sold it.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
yeah you shouldve kept the SVT, but don't even consider the N2O. There is nothing appealing about the car, maybe the NOS but many of us don't wanna mess with that.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Saleen just seems like he pushed a focus on our community who would look to a name like saleen to build something worthy, how come I would rather have an SVT any day over a Saleen ?

Saleens just aren't so great they brag about Nitrous, but if you buy a new car don't you want a warrenty, well thats great you can't have it if you use the car for what its biggest advertisment point.

It has a few things done to it exhaust ect, nothing special you couldnt do much cheaper you're self.

Its not impressive at all, the numbers aren't any better then an SVT, if you're going to get a new focus get an ST and mod it, put a big vinyl in windshield that says you're last name. There you go, you've allready beaten you're cometitor Mr.Saleen.

You by saleen, you pay for the name, you pay for a saleen focus you're paying more for less performance. Saleen focus is a bad deal, nice concept but poorly put together !

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Here you go Trey Saleen Wing

* The quantity is set at one so leave it at that. Click the "purchase" icon, have credit card handy [;)]

·
Registered
744 Posts
But the saleen is so . . . shiny!!! Oooh Shiny! , shimmery, shingy, just like the wing on the de-badged Civic and the de-badged eclipse and the fart-can on the 4-door Elantra; shiny, shiny, shiny.

Seriously though, the saleen mustang was real, real Brembo brakes and Real $1500 for a brake job real.

It's a wonder that ANY US motor-car company made our SVTs. Go-fast and comfy bits, lets just enjoy it while we can.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Personally i think it is crap riced out focus, with n20 in to to tease you to use it so you will void warranty break something then have to pay to get it fixed. I also believe they shorted the svt owners, great little cars i would love to be able to find one around here still, but it should have more power simple as that, other than that great cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know how difficult it is to actually import one of the Foci from Europe? I know that there is a company in Canada that brings over cars that are more than thirteen years old from Asia and sells them but what about something newer. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
For $25000, you can have a nice zx3 (or even a SVT) with a venom nitrous system and built internals. Yeah youll void you warranty, but NO ONE is going to warranty nitrous. Saleen's (first?) quagmire

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
p0sitivevibez said:
For $25000, you can have a nice zx3 (or even a SVT) with a venom nitrous system and built internals. Yeah youll void you warranty, but NO ONE is going to warranty nitrous. Saleen's (first?) quagmire

You can get a zx3 with nitrous and internals WAY cheaper than that.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
With the juice hooked up it has got good reviews and real good times. HCI had a full write up on it a couple of months ago and they gave it a real good review also. With out the juice its just a pimped out focus and a slow one at that but with the nitrous hooked up it is a diffrent story. If you want a fully pimped out focus that will turn every head with the power to back it up and you don't mind not having a warranty on a new car than the saleen is the way to go. I would rather shoot for something with the warranty. Also maybe some one can fill me in on this, what if you hook everything up and then remove the bottle and lines to take it in for warranty work? They may know it had nitrous hooked up but couldn't deny anything unless they can prove it some how, right?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts