Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work today some dumb ass was test driving this guys jeep, the jeep wrangler had a v8 swap in it. The guy went to brake and he hit the gas so he slammed into me at probably about 40 mph at least. heres some photos. So later this week ill find out if its gonna be totaled if so i gotta decide SVT or another Saleen.

The guys jeep was fine. But im thinking my saleen is done.....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
MAN....THAT SUCKS!! Pretty car(not the heep)! A car is never the same once it's been to the body shop, especially when there are multiple body panels and openings to line up.
Good luck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Oh wow!

Nooooooo. I'm so sorry man!

That's nasty.... I guess getting an SVT would be a change of pace a little...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i think they may total it. if they do i think i might get a svt, since it has a little more horsepower. and ill just buy the car back so i can get everything i put into it. HID's etc.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah im not exactly happy....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thats terrible man!!! Tell ya what i got my Oem Saleen hatch with trim, glass and window installed sitting i my attic. I could hook you up for 100.00 bucks if you need it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i woulda beat the shit out of that guy
Hahaha. I was originally going to say the concrete would be blood soaked in damage photos had it been me... Hahaha. No not really, but good god do I want kill something after this :(

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
What? That sucks. Hopefully,, because it hit so high, you can at least buy it back if they total it and fix it yourself.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thats terrible man!!! Tell ya what i got my Oem Saleen hatch with trim, glass and window installed sitting i my attic. I could hook you up for 100.00 bucks if you need it.
Holy crap you sir are a gentlemen. I think it's going to take a bit for than just the hatch though... :(

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im more worried about the side panel having to be bent back in.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Dang man, sorry for your loss

I would've been fuming! [gunfire]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Buy it back from the scrap yard, and take the parts.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
man, i almost got rear-ended today. someone infront of me was slowly turning into a parking lot i slowed down. next thing i hear is screeching tires and a car coming towards the ass end of my car.. they ended up half way into the other lane but i was able to speed up once the person pulled in. but if they went any slower i would have got hit/clipped

if it was minor damage to my bumper i wouldn't be that mad since that would pay for painting my svt bumpers. but something like this i would be flipping out.

sorry it happened to you, but i hope it works out for you in the end.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. Hopefully ill get it all figured out soon and decide what im gonna do. Maybe another saleen, or a svt, or a mustang.....depends on what happens later this week. I just know im really gonna miss it.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
that stupid mother f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]er.

-gabe

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
It depends on what they value your car at. A friend with a base model 07 focus had 7k worth of damage done(unibody) and they fixed it. Replaced the entire rear floor, as well as a crash bar.

Looking at yours, and the way the left rear 1/4 is crumpled in in the middle of the panel, id say there is DEFINITELY some unibody damage.

Sucks to see because those are actually pretty rare cars.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Well that just slobbers on donkey balls. Sorry for Your loss, man. I wouldn't kick His ass(going home in a tow truck is better than jail in a police cruiser, just saying), but He would have gotten an earful, for sure. Here's hoping His insurance gives You what she's worth.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
total it!! then buy it back for nuttin, buy a perfect shell and swap everything over. then pocket the rest for go fast parts.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts