Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the diablo chip can shift your redline to 7100, but is revving that high safe for the zetec?

·
Registered
793 Posts
dont do it on a normal basis on your daily driver

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when does useable power usually drop off on the zetec?

·
Registered
875 Posts
dwdgsi03 said:
i know the diablo chip can shift your redline to 7100, but is revving that high safe for the zetec?
It's probably "safe" -- meaning the valve springs can take it -- if not done for sustained periods [like on the track], and not done over and over. I doubt the motor in stock form has much usable power up there, though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Easy to float a valve or spin a bearing at those rev's. I would keep it at factory rpms. A chip isn't going to beef up strings or strenthen rods or improve your oil flow to bearings. I will allow you to rev up faster.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
dwdgsi03 said:
when does useable power usually drop off on the zetec?
Stock Zetecs peak around 5500. If you're stock, you should shift at 6000 to 6200. There isn't any use to rev it up to 7100, it won't be making any power up there.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the valve will not float at that rpm and even at over 7500. so 7100 is no problem, but unless you have some decent mods...i see no reason to even come close.

·
Registered
246 Posts
you could take it that high (7K) but whats the sense if its not making any power up there. The latest i shift is about 6K.

·
Registered
875 Posts
ZTSRacer said:
Just max out your tach and slam it into gear without the clutch BWAH HA HAHA.
And you're on your *1st* transmission?

[:D] JK

·
Registered
318 Posts
car is still sitting in the garage waiting for me to come home from Korea to driver her.

coming home to a brand new car with only 42 miles on it (the miles to drive it home) with an entire eibach sportline series lowering kit and some other mods that my brother put on for me which I have already bought for my foci.

When I get home though I will do a nice burnout to say HI BABY IT IS ME!!!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
ZTSRacer said:
When I get home though I will do a nice burnout... ...brand new car with only 42 miles on it

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i did a burn out with my p/u truck this weekend on our brand new driveway. oh is my dad gonna be pissed lol. **** him who runnin. lmfao! w0oT!

·
Registered
123 Posts
shift fast and furious style,just redline it every gear a magical power band will appear and make you run a 10 sec with a show car,but u gotta have lots of vinyl and subs to make ur car magical for the magical powerband.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts