Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I know stock zetecs can handle at least 260 whp.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
^^^^ Depending on mods. Do a quick search and you'll find about 30 threads asking this same question [:)]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
260 is pushing it. 250 is basically borderline. on a smaller turbo, do about 12 psi safely

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
^^^^^ Wrong. It's *depending on mods*.

Put Top Speed's race intake manifold on along with Crower stage 2 cams. You will make 325whp easy with 250 ft-lbs. Perfectly safe.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
stupid double post

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i think it was FiFoci who had 257 whp on tom's conservative tune and it blew. that was 14.5 psi. on a roush turbo. i'd love to see anyone push 325 on a STOCK ZETEC bottom end. and hold it for more than a month. (in boost that is)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sounds like he had other problems, then. HP is a calculation of torque. I don't care if he had 257whp. What was his torque? I doubt it was more than 250...so I'm pretty sure that's not what blew the motor. There are plenty of people running 250 ft-lbs stock motor. With the right flow mods, that will make over 300whp.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Sounds like he had other problems, then. HP is a calculation of torque. I don't care if he had 257whp. What was his torque? I doubt it was more than 250...so I'm pretty sure that's not what blew the motor. There are plenty of people running 250 ft-lbs stock motor. With the right flow mods, that will make over 300whp.
Brad knows what He's talking about. The question pertains to a bone stock engine, not with cams in it. And regaurdless of how much power it makes, the stock parts can only handle so much before they turn to mush. I'd never run more than 250 whp on a stock bottom end if I wanted it to last more than a month.

Matt

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
he was making 270 wtq. i think his dyno is posted somewhere, i will look for it

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
as for your actual build, i think you will be fine. that M90 will suck a bit of torque, a bit more than the 62. you "Should" be fine on ur build.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I think someone misread the post ..... BMYLES... we are talking stock Zetec not SVT.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
I think someone misread the post ..... BMYLES... we are talking stock Zetec not SVT.
Think you actually misread

I'm talking with a custom intake manifold I'm designing and an Eaton M90. Not intercooled.
Unless you bump compression higher than stock 9:1 or whatever, I don't think you'll make over 200tq 250hp

Also IMO heat and deto are going to limit you before rod snapping from torque

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if he's making a custom IM, he could incorporate an A-W intercooler. so heat "COULD" stay down

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sorry, when someone asks what the stock Zetec will hold, I understand that to be the block and internals. You're not testing the limits of the stock intake manifold. That thing isn't going to let go. That's why I said with a nice intake manifold and turbo setup, you can stretch the torque out and make some healthy power. Camshafts are also not a part that is going to fail from boost...some consider those an extensive modification, some consider it a more involved "bolt-on." I'm saying that just by changing outer components, the block/internals themselves will take 225 ft-lbs (250 if you're feeling a little brave) and you can make over 300whp. It's already been done by Top Speed, so I don't know why we're arguing this.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Who is arguing what? I am just here keeping things relevant to OP . He asked about limits with non intercooled m90 on otherwise stock zetec.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Matt, I wasn't arguing with you. I'm saying that people keep reiterating STOCK Zetec...and I'm saying that I'm talking about a stock block/internal, not stock intake/exhaust manifold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts