Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i know exactly what it is, brother uses one on his sti that i have played with. its quite useless...especially to do tuning with the focus, might as well do a standalone pectel T2 w/ map or custom chip/maf

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok why is it useless? Is it not compatible with the Ford MAS? Or is it because of the focus fuel system? I would really like some specific answers if anybody has any.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it kinda seems like whenever somebody asks a question like this nobody has an answer, except "it won't work". I never hear of any reasons why it won't work. Does anybody even know why it won't work, or do you just repeat what you have heard form other people. I know the fuel system on the focus is pretty unique, but I don't see any reson why it shouldn't work. I know lots of people that have been running afc's for years without any problems. I have just never seen one on a focus, and I would like to know why.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the fuel system is not unique...and you gotta give it time, many of us actually have busy lives.

the main reason why the system will not work is because its not a true piggypack to the ecu and is just an add-on, after the ecu see's the changes, it will make the difference. so on a dyno you will see a difference but when you restart the car, the ecu will have learned what was done. kinda like why you don't do many things on the focus.

if you have a scooby, honduh, ac, and shit...thats fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Our computer just learns new changes all the time. Thats why the computer can't really be fooled. Thats all a SAFC does(correct me if im wrong). Our cars aren't setup for a return fuel line like many other compact cars. That is why it is setup that way. Its not really difficult. If you get a computer chip burned for your car...it will do fine. There is a lot of tech on this cause the Mustang guys have this same setup on their cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts