Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
so while i really enjoyed my time with my focus ST, i ended up deciding to get another car. I never really used this or any forum but there was always a nod or hand wave whenever passing another focus st.

So, really the reason i came here was hoping to sell a few things that i still have to someone else that may need them. Clean out my garage, and save an owner a few bucks. Sadly i am learning that there is a rule that you have to be a member for 30 days and have something like 25 posts before you can even sell something like a winter wheel setup or OEM wheel/tire setup. So, i guess i will either go find someone on craigslist or just toss them to the curb and let the trash guys take them.

w/ my magic bag
What'd you end up replacing the ST with?

Registered
I see your based out of Ohio like me, go on the Ford focus owners of Ohio Facebook page, I guarantee you someone will snatch up those parts in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
thanks btb971, i will do that. Didn't even think of looking for a group in facebook! (facepalm)

felix, well so the short story is that i started to look one of those 700hp Lebanon Ford mustangs (rousch supercharger). And they had some 2015s still on their lot with 0% for 72 months, but by the time i had gotten ahold of someone (they got swamped once those articles went out online) they were all sold. So not having 0% kinda made it a deal breaker..... but test driving one of the new mustangs it was pretty nice. Surprised at how well it handled and such. So i ended up searching for any 'new' 2015 mustang GTs in the area cause price wasnt bad at all with the 0% for 72months, and found one in Dayton so pulled the trigger. So now i have a 2008 Kia Spectra5 as a beater vehicle and a 2015 mustang GT for fun. When i make a trip to someplace like Lowes i really miss the little hot hatch. It was a 2013 yellow with some black aftermarket wheels, and traded it in at Interstate Ford. It got gabled up, and was off their lot within a couple weeks.

w/ my magic bag
Those new '15+ mustang gt's are cool really like the cat hunched down look of the rear qtrs,,,,,,,,,

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
yeah agreed, and the new headlights..... i realize its just a head light and just marketing, but i really like it. That and having over 100 more hp than any other car i have ever owned is interesting, even when the mustang weighs a lot more than any other car i have ever owned.

Registered
Funny how much more refined it is, compared to the older models it really is a beautiful car. Even the base model Mustang looks great compared to years before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w/ my magic bag
Funny how much more refined it is, compared to the older models it really is a beautiful car. Even the base model Mustang looks great compared to years before.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Yea for sure^^^^^but for a Mustang, gotta go for the 5.0,,,,,,,,,,,[thumb]

Registered
Yea for sure^^^^^but for a Mustang, gotta go for the 5.0,,,,,,,,,,,[thumb]

Agreed 100% it's not a muscle car without a good ol' v8. But I myself at this point and time not having the $30,000+ for one would surely take a ecoboost even the v6. I've heard very good things about the ecoboost.

w/ my magic bag
Agreed 100% it's not a muscle car without a good ol' v8. But I myself at this point and time not having the $30,000+ for one would surely take a ecoboost even the v6. I've heard very good things about the ecoboost.
At that, I'd look at used ones. Yea the ecoboost is cool, but for me a Mustang needs a v/8,,,,,,,,,,If your going for a four, I'd be looking at the hothatch's= Fost or a Fist,,,,,,,,,,[thumb]

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i would agree. The fact that you can get a turbo 4 is interesting, and if gas prices go back up then it will be great to have that option..... but yeah hard to beat the V8. This has been my first V8. My fun car history is

Honda S2000 for 3 years (not the fastest, but the most fun car i have owned)
Subaru STi for 6 months (it was my childhood dream car, but i didnt do my research and got one that at one point was modded and it wasn't reliable at all. But luckily they really keep their value ha)
Focus ST for 3 years (the most well rounded car, and i have tried to talk others into getting one. 80% of the fun with good mpg and can fit a pile of 8' 2X8s ha)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts