Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling the '12 hatch - I really love this car, but in a mid-life crisis fit, I picked up a Miata, and love top down motoring just a wee bit more.

It's in the BST section if anyone has an interest.

I'm sure I'll regret it.... [:(]

Edit: Title was "sad and wis t f u l" but somehow some funkiness showed up (it's done it twice now!) - change if you would please....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Selling the '12 hatch - I really love this car, but in a mid-life crisis fit, I picked up a Miata, and love top down motoring just a wee bit more.

It's in the BST section if anyone has an interest.

I'm sure I'll regret it.... [:(]

Edit: Title was "sad and wis t f u l" but somehow some funkiness showed up (it's done it twice now!) - change if you would please....
I think it may be winter for me here in Michigan and looking to break out of the doldrums because I have been browsing the dealer inventories online for Mustang Ecoboost's and thinking about making a switch as well. The Focus sedan is working great but so far in my driving history it has been 1 Focus and 3 Mustangs so far. I guess if you miss a car enough you can take some comfort in the idea that they keep making more!

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Miata. Did you pick up a new one? Got any pics? I have a 99 NB that I'm debating upgrading, there are some great deals on brand 2014s that didn't move.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Hard to cry about a Miata, ZetecDon has been putting all his mod. efforts into his for a while now - don't hear about the Focus at all.

Got the Title edited for ya.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Interesting fact. The thermostat for our car also fits on a Gen. 1 Miata (91, 92 ish). Buddy of mine has one and we somehow both bought the same part on the same day and were chatting about it in IRC.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can't go wrong with a Miata. Did you pick up a new one? Got any pics? I have a 99 NB that I'm debating upgrading, there are some great deals on brand 2014s that didn't move.
My son posted some up, not sure which forum, but I'll get some pics of it.

It's a 2000, so also an NB. My initial thought was to go with an NC, but I drove this one just to see. The dealer I was talking to had one coming out of refurb, figured I'd find out to see if I'd want to deal on it or not, so I drove this one as a surrogate - and then made the guy an offer!

It's a neat car, evolution orange, so neat color too.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Back when I had a 'midlife crisis' I bought a brand new Ford Contour SVT. Loved it. Kept it for 13 years.. Then I decided to be 'practical' and bought a 2012 Focus SE.
That 'practicality' lasted 3 years then I just had to get some 'go' pedal again. Soo... I bought a 2014 ST. [driving]
I guess I am having a second midlife crisis. More like an old age crisis.. LOL
I am 65 years old.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back when I had a 'midlife crisis' I bought a brand new Ford Contour SVT. Loved it. Kept it for 13 years.. Then I decided to be 'practical' and bought a 2012 Focus SE.
That 'practicality' lasted 3 years then I just had to get some 'go' pedal again. Soo... I bought a 2014 ST. [driving]
I guess I am having a second midlife crisis. More like an old age crisis.. LOL
I am 65 years old.
"No crisis - just you having fun" You should appreciate that particular reference. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
im 52 so I have 2014 Mustang lol I am looking at the 2015 Mustang ecoboost..........however I always wanted the GT conv

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im 52 so I have 2014 Mustang lol I am looking at the 2015 Mustang ecoboost..........however I always wanted the GT conv
Good sir, may I encourage you to go 'vert if you enjoy top down motoring. I was a windows down guy when at all reasonably possible, and would yell at passing motorists with convertibles "it's a nice day - you have a convertible - for godsakes use it!".

Top has not been up once except for rain a few days back (southern AZ; I can get away with it here for quite a while...).

·
Registered
650 Posts
My feeling exactly. What I find weird is when I see driver with the top down and all windows up! WTF is that all about. I had a 2000 mustang conv and enjoyed.....well my son had it lol However, the same price as a GT convert premium, I can lease a hard top BMW or Benz convt. Best of both worlds and no stupid ass punk slicing my top. MIAMI bites sometimes. Really Hard to Decide!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You'll love the Miata! Great cars. I just sold a NC with 83k miles in perfect shape. I had it modded with Koni adjustable shocks, Progress adjustable sways, Progress springs, Fat Cat Motorsports bump stops, adjustable endlinks, Hawk HPS brake pads, and RX8 front wheel bearings. Car turned like a tabby cat on carpet.

My wife just got a new 2014 Titanium Focus...when we went to check on the 2015 Mustang GT I ordered. (Not my GT in the pic, but the correct color) [driving]

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Wish I could afford a new mustang. One like I want it would be in the mid 30's and I can't justify that to myself. Maybe a used one in a few years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wish I could afford a new mustang. One like I want it would be in the mid 30's and I can't justify that to myself. Maybe a used one in a few years.
Believe it or not, used ones are already popping up. I imagine by the end of the summer there will be plenty to chose from. Good luck and keep your eyes open! [cool]

·
Registered
2 Posts
This situation is very interesting, despite the fact that it is rare and gives a lot of headaches. I remember how last year it caused me stress and even needed kratom usa to get rid of it all. I remember how all this self-isolation began and many people were dissatisfied with this regime, because a long stay in the house gave a feeling of discomfort and led to stress in one way or another. That is why kratom is very useful in this case. That's why I used this at the very beginning of this problem, it helped me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts