Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a turbo laying around his house that I have been considering buying. The Tag reads 466952-2....modele TBO356

Upon looking up the turbo, have found out it is off of a 86-87 saab 9000. Thats pretty much it. I cant find any links on some info on this turbo. It is made by garrett, and have found a link that has a full turbo rebuild kit for 99 bucks.

http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/item107.htm

The saab motor it was on was a 2.0 16v producing 175hp stock. It seems like it might be a good match for my zetec.

Ohh and he has a dsm sidemount ic, a brand new unknown fuel pump, and a vac/boost gauge that he is going to give me everything for 250 bucks.

Any thoughts/experience/opinions.

My plans are to use 42lb injectors, mustang maf (suck through), bosch recirc, and sniper special forces for tuning. 8-10lbs (Do they have their "live tuning" running yet in that?)

·
Registered
969 Posts
That's a wicked turbocharger. Had one on my Volvo 740 turbo wagon. For an older turbo, the rebuild kit is a really good idea. During my time with the car, the turbo seals went (oil leaked into exhaust creating monster smoke). Needless to say, rebuilding is a real good idea.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump for anyone else's help on this 1?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey man that turbo might be a little small and whats the a/r raito 42. 48. I think its about the size of a t25.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts