Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want yalls input. I originally had the Prokit. I hated it. It wasn't low enough and rode like crap. I have been riding on Tein S-Techs for well over a year now and love them, but I still want to be a tad lower. Now I am picking up some Sportlines from a guy at work, but I am afraid to take the time to install them because I already know Eibach's ride quality is crap. I am thinking of picking up some spare struts for the Sportlines and swapping them out for meets/shows and use my current setup for DDing. What are your thoughts?

....and Blake, I'm not going coilovers.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
just saw your "not getting coilovers"

then id say H&R cup kit cause Tein S tech and sportlines are like spot on when it comes to ride height

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um no. I've got about .75" gap between fender and tire. Sportlines are even. I've seen some that are in the fender.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teins:

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
my boy comes over every other day in his focus with sportlines and our cars are dead even!!! were they running the same wheels and tires as you are??? theres alot too how a cars stance looks other than the springs...do what you want but im just saying the results your gonna have from 2 different drops is gonna be almost identical

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
and yeah Iono your car does seem to be really high LOL....are you sure your not on H techs

my car definatley tucked alot more than that with 17" wheels on a 215/45

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks high in that pic from the angle. And the other person had an SVT so same size rim/tire.

·
Registered
744 Posts
sportlines all day. the ride can get a little harsh at some medium/big bumps if your going fast. on my 15's with sstock tires they tuck slightly

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^Thats the problem. If you say it can be a little harsh on stock size tires, then 17s are gonna suck. There isn't as much tire to absorb the impact.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not asking for different ones. I have those 2 to choose from. If nothing else, I'll just sell the Sportlines.

·
Registered
744 Posts
yea it would be more harsh with 17s definitely.. if, however, you had the right struts for them they'd ride much better

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also true.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I wouldn't [:)][:)][:)][:)] around with the sportline kit if I were you, they've given me more aggravation than anything else. I bought my car with the sportline kit installed with probably 4 years and 15K miles on it. I'm at 65K miles now a few years later and the car has dropped substantially. The roads up here are exceptionally rough and have caused numerous bottoming-out situations where the tires hit the fenders and have [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up the front fenders on my car. Yeah, I wish the fenders were rolled but the damage was done before I recognized the problem. They're badly engineered and not worth the visual drop of the car. I can almost promise you'd regret the sportlines, especially if you're daily driving doesn't include perfect roads.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thats why I wanted to only swap them in for meets or shows.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 16 of 16 Posts