Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted some input before I went out n just bought some springs for my 03 Ford Focus SE. My uncle had put Suspension Technique Lowering Springs on his Altima and he had said that they were pretty good. They are like $170/set and drop it only about 1.5". I'm not too much into droppin it as far as every little bump and i'm scrapping the ground so i don't need like a 4" drop. So before I go and purchase these I wanted to see if anyone else has these or has had them or knows about them?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
you should post in the wheels, tires, brakes and suspension forum....another mod will move you [;)]

You should look into the Focus SVT Suspension. Relatively cheap and a nice upgrade for a stock set up. Lowers you about 3/4 inch all the way around.

·
Registered
889 Posts
yup..i can sell you full svt suspension springs, dampers, no swaybar tho, only 60k on them.. pm me if ur interested

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I wanted some input before I went out n just bought some springs for my 03 Ford Focus SE. My uncle had put Suspension Technique Lowering Springs on his Altima and he had said that they were pretty good. They are like $170/set and drop it only about 1.5". I'm not too much into droppin it as far as every little bump and i'm scrapping the ground so i don't need like a 4" drop. So before I go and purchase these I wanted to see if anyone else has these or has had them or knows about them?
Hi, ST is a division of KW Suspensions. The ST line is the same as the Weitec line sold in Europe and made by KW. Anything KW is quality.

As far as ride quality goes, all drop springs are stiffer than stock. The struts and shocks being used with the springs will also make a difference in ride quality. It is highly recommended that you change out the stock struts/shocks with ones made for lowering springs. Shorter stroke struts/shocks will last longer and have the appropriate ride control with drop springs.

All this being said, I realize you just asked about drop springs.
The ST's you are talking about are the SportTech springs. The ride quality will be firm, but not punishing. Eibach ProKit springs are a popular option too.

Thinking from a purely monitary basis the Ford Racing SVT suspension kit is an excellent buy, contains springs, struts, mounts, shocks, and rear sway bar. The parts are very good quality and the ride is very streetable while the drop is something less than an inch. If the streets where you roll are bad, uneven, or rough in general, the SVT kit is worth a serious look.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts