Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it all started well. I had some questions, and they were answered quick enough. So I ordered my guage face, for a 2005 Focus, Black Background, Silver Text, and White Glow. They arrive in the mail on time. So all is good, until I open them. The directions are for a 2000-2004 Focus..... ok no big deal, some had directions on the dash/instrument panel take down on this site. So I take everything apart, and continue the directions from S&H about the actual guage installation. It tells me that after I remove the orginal guage face, that there will be enough glue residue to hold the new face on. Not so, I contact the seller, telling him he needs to update his directions, and what to do about the face. He tells me to go out and buy some Super 77, which only comes in a big can where I looked, and it wasn't cheap. Another 17 bucks!!!!

Alright so my wallet took an unexpected hit, but man these guages look sweet. I can't wait till it gets dark. But when it gets dark, I get pissed. These gauges don't glow white, the glow the color of a light bulb. EEEK they look worse than stcok now. So after 4 MONTHS of getting the run around and reading total bs come out of Tyler Smith's emails I filed a complaint with Paypal.

Here's what my gauges look like http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16152&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Hmm this is strange. I have only heard good things from people who bought gauge faces from him. Maybe this is something you and him need to work out...privately. Although it is too bad that they didn't turn out how you wanted there is no reason to file complaints with paypal without just cause. Which maybe you have, but I'm not seeing it in this thread.

One last add in there is something called "modder beware" if you're doing something yourself you run the risk of it not turning out how you thought.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MISVTfocus said:
Hmm this is strange. I have only heard good things from people who bought gauge faces from him. Maybe this is something you and him need to work out...privately. Although it is too bad that they didn't turn out how you wanted there is no reason to file complaints with paypal without just cause. Which maybe you have, but I'm not seeing it in this thread.

One last add in there is something called "modder beware" if you're doing something yourself you run the risk of it not turning out how you thought.
It's funny you say I should work it out privately, I have only been trying to do that for 4 MONTHS!!! And it is not modder beware, it is sell what you advertise, and make sure it works before you sell it. Anyway, since I filed the complaint my replacement LED bulbs that he promised me are suppose to be here Monday. Stay tuned and we will see.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Tyler was a real stand up guy when it came to my purchase from him. I have no doubt he will work things out and make it right. Good luck. [thumb]

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got my led bulbs, after 4 months. I needed to do some extra modification to get them to fit, but they look better than where I was at. All in all I still can't say order with no worries. I would just say be prepared for the 05 guys. Tyler is not a bad guy, but having to wait 4 months to get a problem fixed isn't fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts