Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering the whp I can expect from a SVT engine with a procharger or powerworks S/C plus tune and all that. plus if I have an SVT engine that means I dont need to have it built since it's already pretty much maxed out from the factory, right?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yup, you will be fine, you should be able to see over 250 whp w/o a problem!!!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I'd get a powerworks and look to see around 250, you don't really need much more. But if you want big numbers then you diffenetly want to go with the procharger.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I'd get a powerworks and look to see around 250, you don't really need much more. But if you want big numbers then you diffenetly want to go with the procharger.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Agreed^^^ PW will yield about 240-250..Get an aftermarket tune from one of the good ones, the PW tune for the SVT is shaky.

The PC will make about the same more or less.. The SVT short block is a good piece and can hold up to 300 HP with a good tune.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I belive all of the Powerworks SC's for the SVT are gone, and the same is true for the Jackson Racings SC's ( you would have to buy either of those used.) The only one still being produced for the SVT is the Procharger.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
i am making 243WHP, 190WTQ with some issues.....knock sensor and stuff.......it pulls hard!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
just read my sig.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I agree, my PWSC car has 233hp and it feels faster than the MS3 I drove recently

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree, my PWSC car has 233hp and it feels faster than the MS3 I drove recently
well thats because you are...

MS3 whp and wtq are kinduf low.. 225-240whp... and about 245-255wtq if im not mistaken (and only in 4th gear)

the first three are limited in power which sucks...

the SVT is also about 400-500lb's lighter which makes a world difference..

anyways, With my procharger at 13psi tuned by tom i made 279whp and 204wtq.. this was at around 6500rpm?

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
well, my WTQ is low b/c the knock sensor is going CRAZY, and we had to stop going for more power cause it was pulling timing. The whine made it "think" it was knocking when it wasn't. PW turns the knock sensor off. McNews ran with it ON for safety. J&S will take care of that bitch!

Stay tuned for some NICE WTQ #'s when I get back from Iraq. I have to get some stuff to tweak it. I am going for 22WTQ [:D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts