Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you guys planning on getting one for your 2012 Foci?

For people in the Toronto/GTA area, any places you recommend if you're getting one?

·
Registered
781 Posts
nope. never have. never will. don't need 1/4" of gunk sprayed all over the underside of my car.

people argue for and against undercoatings all the time. can protect from decay, but can also trap water/dirt and cause just as much damage. i figure i'll save my $. haven't had any modern (in the last 30 years) car rust out on me yet before the car was sold or retired anyway.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I don't have anything to add to this htread. I just wanted to tell you how funny I thought it was that you thread title implied that Canadians aren't people.

That is all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha. I just think that you'd have to come up with something more than just "colder climate" for us Canadians [joke]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Mole people
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
267 Posts
nope. never have. never will. don't need 1/4" of gunk sprayed all over the underside of my car.

people argue for and against undercoatings all the time. can protect from decay, but can also trap water/dirt and cause just as much damage. i figure i'll save my $. haven't had any modern (in the last 30 years) car rust out on me yet before the car was sold or retired anyway.
If you don't want the traditional undercoating rust protection, try Fluid Film.. awesome awesome stuff!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Canadians are just Americans with an inferiority complex [shhh]- but no, I personally don't bother with undercoating and have never had a problem with rust.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The rust on my 15 year old car wouldn't have been saved by rust protecting at all. Small spot under the hood where you close it, and a small spot on the doors where water had collected in the window sills.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Canadians are just Americans with an inferiority complex [shhh]- but no, I personally don't bother with undercoating and have never had a problem with rust.
Canadians are Americans with free health care, that don't have to lock their doors, and speak more than one language.

And their women, at least in the Quebec area, are amazingly hot.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Canadians are Americans with free health care, that don't have to lock their doors, and speak more than one language.

Maybe I should move to Canada. You know, for the health care >_>

·
Registered
967 Posts

Dunno what parts of Canada you've been to, but in the one I live in my "free" heath care costs me 13% sales tax, nearly 50% income tax doesn't include eye or dental and if I don't lock my doors I'll be robbed out the ass or shot. I also only speak english and barely at that...lol 'Fraid to tell you, most of the Canadian stereotypes are wrong - except hockey, we all love our hockey.

Can't comment on the Quebec women, I refuse to go there. [:D]

·
Registered
747 Posts
I wish the exhaust was rustproof. I haven't had rust problems anywhere but exhausts on prior cars.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Dunno what parts of Canada you've been to, but in the one I live in my "free" heath care costs me 13% sales tax, nearly 50% income tax doesn't include eye or dental and if I don't lock my doors I'll be robbed out the ass or shot. I also only speak english and barely at that...lol 'Fraid to tell you, most of the Canadian stereotypes are wrong - except hockey, we all love our hockey.

Can't comment on the Quebec women, I refuse to go there. [:D]
I'll be honest, my Canadian experience is limited to Montreal.

And I'd be happy to defect for a French Canadian girl.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Never have never will. Rust proofing is a waste of money and is only for the truley lazy. Spray your car off every now and then and you will be fine.
Oh, and if anyone ever told me I was like an American to my face they would be missing some teeth and getting a free ride to the hospital.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Oh, and if anyone ever told me I was like an American to my face they would be missing some teeth and getting a free ride to the hospital.
That's where the inferiority complex comes in. Putting politics aside, we're no different then the northern states that border us in culture and taste. But I'm glad you're a proud Canadian, not too many of them left [:D]

Oh and no free rides to the hospital exist anymore. They usually cost about $100.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Quebec isn't Canada.

An ambulance ride was $275 for me in 2007. You can get that covered with most health coverage offered on the job
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
251 Posts
[ohcrap]

Whoa - I agree, it's not Canada! It's actually what the rest of Canada should start copying in terms of policies on the environment (hydro electric power, cap and trade) /business incentives (huge BioTech/bio pharma industry) / public transportation / publicly funded and available daycare, etc. The only part that sucks is the separatist element that feels the need to fan the flames of intolerance every now and then when 80% of the province is perfectly content with the way things are (oh and the Asbestos industry).

Things are probably going to get a whole lot messier though now that the current provincial government is starting to show possible evidence of widespread corruption ...

And yes the women are hotter ... (to be more precise, they know how to dress / have a better fashion sense and feel the need to dress up for everything - good for us guys, bad for their wallets).

Quebec isn't Canada.

An ambulance ride was $275 for me in 2007. You can get that covered with most health coverage offered on the job
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
267 Posts
I live in the Okanagan, the only french women we see here are fruit pickers, not my opinion of hot unless you like bodyhair, dreads, and the ever present smell of BO

·
Registered
122 Posts
A little off topic are we?

Im taking my vehicle to a Krown Rust protection center on Oct 8 in KW.

Ive heard they do an amazing job.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
A comment on rust and exhaust. I coated my new 1999 Contour SVT exhaust from head to tip with high temp paint right away. After 12 years of snow winters, salt etc, that stainless steel exhaust is still working fine.
That car did have indoor parking. but I never did underbody flushes or anything special.
So i do not know if the stainless exhaust system was just perfect, or if the painting really helped keep it perfect.
I would think painting it kept it hotter internally in winter, so the crud would burn out, and water would not collect internally.
Anyway, just a little comment on winter and exhaust systems.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts