Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Made this a thread.

Doesn't make sense to me as a reply to a Recall news story.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Whut

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
My car runs great with my CEL btw (P0420)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Whups, sometimes a first post to a freshly made thread pops up by itself, forgot to recheck this time.

Merged now so it looks as it should...

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

I got this cel and my car was going into limp mode. Now it runs even better than before
Sounds like you need the engine harness splice recall repair.

My car runs great with my CEL btw (P0420)
You've either already killed your catalyst, or are in the process of killing it. P0420 is a bank 1 catalyst efficiency below threshold code. The oxygen sensor isn't switching correctly which means either the catalyst is damaged, or the oxygen sensor behind the cat is failing.

http://www.easterncatalytic.com/education/tech-tips/the-misleading-nature-of-the-po42o-code/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made this a thread.

Doesn't make sense to me as a reply to a Recall news story.
Sorry, you guys seem to have misunderstood what I meant. I needed to have the recall splice done last week. I was giving an example of a possible symptom. And after I got the splice done, the car runs better than before I got the check engine light* no more stumbling with a/c on, cold start idle hunting etc. sorry for the misunderstanding. I have a 14. Build date oct 13

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Sounds like you need the engine harness splice recall repair.

You've either already killed your catalyst, or are in the process of killing it. P0420 is a bank 1 catalyst efficiency below threshold code. The oxygen sensor isn't switching correctly which means either the catalyst is damaged, or the oxygen sensor behind the cat is failing.

http://www.easterncatalytic.com/education/tech-tips/the-misleading-nature-of-the-po42o-code/
I hadn't even seen this, thanks Ben. [twothumbs][twothumbs]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Finally fixed the title so it makes more sense...

Should have done it earlier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts