Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be flush mounting my amp on top of my eclosure.I was wondering if there is any issues with running RCA's,power and ground in the enclosure. The reason for doing this is to get a very clean look with no wires. I wouldn't think there would be any issues but would like to hear what other people into audio think. Thanks for everyones input given.

·
Registered
776 Posts
as long as u seal up where the wires enter and exit the enclosure using some kind of caulking it should be fine. If u don't it will mess up either the "sealed-ness" of a sealed enclosure, or the venting of a vented enclosure.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
yea if u dont seal it then it will leak causing the bass to not sound good. how about u run the wires under the amp and out behind it and then mount the amp on the box

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing kind of a different set up not just a typical box. I'll make sure everything is air tight I usually put a really bright light inside the box then lay the sub in and see if any light comes through anywhere. I saw this in Car Audio magazine. I'll start posting pics of the build as soon as i start this weekend.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
amps on the back of boxes is just plain stupid

theif breaks into your car, cuts the wires going to the amp, and yay, theif now has your subs and amp

·
Registered
32 Posts
i am finishing up a competition foci. 4 Rockford Fosgate P2 12's. 2 Rockford Fosgate 500.2 in a custom box i built with 4.5 cubic feet of space. Barely fits in my hatch. Its a push pull conversion. Anyways i have the amps mounted to the box and the wiring run through the box sealed with caulking and it works just fine. And im running 0 Gauge wiring through the box so i had to drill 1 inch holes for that so you can get my point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well first Mattzx3 is 100% correct your only helping the bad guy out with that. And also when you cut holes in boxes your making more ways for there to be a sealing problem. What i did and What you should do it just make a custom amp rack on the back of your seats like i did Very easy to do or atleast it is for someone like me. Heres a pic theres no wires showing in my car at all.
[/IMG] Sorry size is small but you get the point theres no wires becuase your running them under the roof flooring and then under your seats n carpet

·
Registered
73 Posts
[/IMG] Heres another car i did Same thing didnt want wires shown so here what i did I can do wild stuff too but these are basic clean set ups people wanted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts