Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the best way to run a toggle switch from the engine bay through the firewall into the car is? Also looking for a power source that can be on at all times.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the best way to run a toggle switch from the engine bay through the firewall into the car is? Also looking for a power source that can be on at all times.
There is a grommet behind the glovebox. Also in that same area is the interior fusebox. Fuse 62 is hot at all times if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a grommet behind the glovebox. Also in that same area is the interior fusebox. Fuse 62 is hot at all times if I remember correctly.

Awesome! That's easy! Do you know if there is a gromet I can use on the drivers side? Would make it easier since I'm running the wire from the drivers side headlight

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I dont think there are any on the drivers side. I had to run my amp wire through the passenger side grommet as well. If you're a dct there is a clutch pedal block off you can put a grommet in, but if not I'm pretty sure that passenger side is the only option.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think there are any on the drivers side. I had to run my amp wire through the passenger side grommet as well. If you're a dct there is a clutch pedal block off you can put a grommet in, but if not I'm pretty sure that passenger side is the only option.

Ok great, thanks. Mine is the junky DCT so I'll have a look at the clutch block off, maybe I'll drill a small hole through it. I'll look for #63 fuse for power as well. Thanks very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts