Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know running a straight dump from turbo is super loud (my buddy had it on his srt) and i was just curious if anybody ran this on a focus?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
....and another member is about to (Peregrine)

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
i know running a straight dump from turbo is super loud (my buddy had it on his srt) and i was just curious if anybody ran this on a focus?
I think ZX3 2NV did, not sure if that is who you are talking about focus guy?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I guess you can say I ran a dump I have an electronic cutout which lets me switch between full magnaflow exhaust and the 3" dump. I wouldn't suggest you run a dump all the time on the streets its pretty loud. Ohh and I hope your boosted because you made a comment saying from the turbo is really loud If your running all motor you will actually lose power n/a set ups want to see restrictions of the full exhaust when turbo cars just want toi get the exhaust out as fast as possible so Yes I suggest a dump for turbocharged cars but not daily driven because you will get pulled over and given a hefty ticket

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
I run a dump on all of mine , There wont be a loss of power if anything you will see a slight gain because a lot of the exh does not have to be pushed all the way out the tail pipe

It comes down to if you want the noise

Tom

·
Registered
328 Posts
you will lose power on a all motor set up ON ANY CAR if your running a dump or off the header its strickly noise

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i meant boosted..i thought when i from turbo people would know it is boosted and not N/A

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I can't remember the dyno I saw or who it was.

It was a focus with a 3" Turbo back exhaust and a 38mm WG.

He ran a straight dump tube from the 38mm WG and lost 15whp.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm...well i have internal wastegate so it may be different lol

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Well in that case you shouldn't loose any HP. As Tom and ZX3_2NV stated.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You wont loose any power...I had a electronic dump on my first focus and it sounded loud as hell. I liked it at the track.....And it fun opening it when your cruseing the streets other people are like WTF. Just dont be around any cops for at least a half a mile.lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
It seems that they are talking about 2 different things here. A) an electric cut-out for the exhaust whereas it's almost like a throttle body that allows your exhaust gases to exit at the beginning of the exhaust system for better breathing (at the flip of a switch) and B) an external wastegate dump tube that vents to the air (normally directed to the ground) rather than back into the exhaust system.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Now you have me confused Are we talking about exhausts or wastegate dump?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like the OP is talking about wastegate dump.. and this is the FI section so I have no Idea why ppl brought up N/A.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My question is, does anyone have some pics on a setup for the Focus? You just route the pipe down to the ground from the wastegate and thats it? When I do my turbo, that would be my choice. Some DSM guys I roll with have the open dump and it sounds like a cross between a semi truck, a locomotive, and a hurricane between shifts. Its awesome.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts