Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i am about to pick up my new 03SVT(st170 in aus) tomorrow

Is there any specific things i should be doing to run the car in at all ?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have been hearing a lot of different things on this from ppl here. Some say run it like you plan on running it and some say break it in. I guess you can just do what you want. I myself am breaking it in for about a thousand miles.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
break it in exactly as the manual says. Now days, machining tolerances are very good, so an extensive break in isn't neccesarry. Just don't thrash it for awhile, and let things get used to each other in the engine

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Dealership says run it no higher then 60 for the first 1000 miles that way you break it in good but i dunno I didn't listen to much

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Do what the manual states to do. I know it will be hard, but it will be best. [;)]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Whoops. I picked my car up with 280 miles on it. If the one you're picking has been test driven forget about breaking it in. A read a review at a tuning company's website about the ZX3 break in. They highly recommended taking it easy to get the best cam timing or something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Breaking in!

I broke mine in for about 1,000 miles. After that its off to the races....(streets)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car i am getting has about 100kms.. so 60 miles on it, hardly anything really and out of that i have put about 20 miles myself on it, with fairly easy driving when i was testing it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts