Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need you guys' educated opinion... everyone in town has this ac compressor listed as fitting 02 zetec instock:

the other one also listed as fitting, which is what mine looks like, is this one:

what's the difference, are these interchangeable?? They're listed as a running change, I'd like to pick up the top one without having to wait a week to get the bottom one, which matches the current one. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
From the photos it appears that the only difference might be the clutch. When you go to get it, measure the diameter of the pulley and also measure the distance from the mounting bolts to the edge of the pulley. If you do that, at least you know your belt will fit and be aligned properly.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
The difference in clutch faceplate is nothing, they interchange, like he says make sure the pulley diameter is the same but I'm thinking they interchange freely. The manifold bolton pattern on back is more important, pics do not show that.

Depending on who makes the unit there can be five or more different clutch assemblies on the front, they all should work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts