·
Registered
23 Posts
a little problem i think that might be a big problem man

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I'll explain so the thread dies quietly...

The temp guage broke, today, on a trip to the dealer for some other suspension work.

Spins like a psychotic clock during the warmup cycle.

Good times.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Overheating

Dear Spapadillion,

I had the exact same dashboard picture when my PZEV had 1,100 miles, only it REALLY overheated!

The temp guage spun over, the check engine light came on, and engine went into "failsafe mode". I limped off the freeway, let it cool down, and had it towed to the dealer.

Turns out, the connector for one of the radiator fans somehow became disconnected.

Needless-to-say, I was very concerned about this problem occuring again.

I got be real good friends with the Ford Customer Service Zone rep. because of this incident.

Glad your problem was minor.

Regards,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hah! Sounds terrible. Heard alot about Focii having many varying problems. Definitely glad mine was so minor. Also, I'm very interested in doing some suspension work to my PZEV ZX3, but don't think it warrants it's own topic. If anyone's found any kit that's tailored specifically to the PZEV's heavier front end, I'd be very interested in hearing a first-hand account.

Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just installed Eibach proline today, lowers about 1.5 inches and handles like a dream without bouncing my ass over crappy maintained highways.

I took pics with the intent to post a guide, which I will be working on tomorrow, it's pretty easy for 2 people, especially the back end.

No it doesn't need a camber kit, and I am staying with the stock shocks for budget reasons which seem great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eggyolk said:
Just installed Eibach proline today, lowers about 1.5 inches and handles like a dream without bouncing my ass over crappy maintained highways.

I took pics with the intent to post a guide, which I will be working on tomorrow, it's pretty easy for 2 people, especially the back end.

No it doesn't need a camber kit, and I am staying with the stock shocks for budget reasons which seem great.

Can't wait to see it. I'm a bit over-eager to get this old spring setup outta here. I want my little Focus to ride like a Corvette, not a Lincoln.[xx(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts