Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When: SUNDAY, JANUARY 11, 2009

Time: We meet at 10:00 AM (We leave at 10:30 AM sharp)

Where: We will meet at The Golds Gym on the corner of Bandera and 1604 (behind Whataburger) in San Antonio.

Address:

9115 North TX-1604-LOOP W
San Antonio, TX 78249

Let's start the New Year off with a bang!

Join us for the "RUN TO THE HILLS" G2G, Hosted by FOCSA.ORG!

We will depart at 10:30 AM and take on some of the best twisties that the Texas Hill Country Has to offer!

Hope to see you all there!

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll head up 16 and take PR37. Then we'll head up English Crossing toward Bandera. Depending on what time it is, depends on where we eat.

If it's still too early, we'll just wait till Kerrville, but I plan on heading out to 337 and 187 and taking that into Kerrville.

Then we'll take 16 back to San Antonio and then detour down into Gray Forest (Scenic Loop) to Babcock Rd, then finish out on Cielo Vista.

We'll be on 10 at the end of the run so everyone can go which ever way they want to go home.

If anyone wants, we can go back down Cielo Vista toward Babcock. I live on Babcock and Huebner, so that's the way I'll be taking to go home anyway.

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and if my car isn't fixed by then, I'll be riding the bike.

My header cracked and my radiator just started leaking a little.

Lately, if it's not one thing, it's another with this car....LOL

I finally pass 90,000 miles and the car just starts acting a fool.

dave.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
we'll see if any of the houston guys would want to come

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I am going to check my schedule and see if there is anything going on for me.

But I would love to go ... just things to take of

-Ray-

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'll be getting the car ready. My header will still be leaking, but the radiator should be fixed.

I'm getting the SVT header from Patrick so if you know anyone that wants an FC header for cheap, let me know. It'll need to be re welded, but it'll be a good piece...

I've got a brand new flex pipe to go with it too. It doesn't even have more than 200 miles on it either..

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.....and where the hell is everyone? Didn't you guys say that you wanted to do something?

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
typical SATX I guess...

eitherway, I have an open seat if anyone wants to ride instead of drive.

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone for coming out today! Glad we could meet some new people! Next time I won't forget my memory card for the camera...LOL

Too bad the M3 had to leave early. He would have surely had tons of fun!

dave.

·
Registered
140 Posts
thanx for plannin it Dave. It was fun like all your other cruises. especially the bird watching ha ha. i believe it was a 5 series beamer

·
Registered
149 Posts
thanx again dave... it was fun, and it really showed me what i need to mod on my car. deff.. going 24mm rear sway. any thoughts on front sway upgrade?

hope we can have a cpl of these g2g a year,,

maybe even more san antonio crew will show up...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx again dave... it was fun, and it really showed me what i need to mod on my car. deff.. going 24mm rear sway. any thoughts on front sway upgrade?

hope we can have a cpl of these g2g a year,,

maybe even more san antonio crew will show up...
We do usually...it's just a matter of everyone in SATX flaking....

I remember when we had HUGE g2g's. I moved here from North Carolina and a good G2G there was 2 cars. I'd hate for SATX to be that way, but I have a feeling it's going to happen.

A few years ago, we hosted a G2G at Medina Lake and even had some people from Houston show up. I lost a lot of money to do that G2G. It cost $600 for the catering and the admission into the park, and I recouped...$10...[?|]

That's the last time I'll spend money like that on a G2G.

That's why we do dinner meets or cruises now.

Eitherway, I see you live on the fun side of Medina Lake.

dave.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, and for the rear sway, Progress makes a great bar. You may need the retrofit kit also. There was a guy on FJ that made them, but there's gotta be somewhere else also...

dave.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts