Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has me really stumped. This is a 2001, ZETEC, 120K miles, manual. When I start the car there is a load vibration, rumbling type sound inside the car. When you go out side expecting to hear something even worse all you get is normal ZTEC sounds...gentle valve and injector clicking. The motor mounts are all fine, the exhaust is fine, the car drives fine and the engine is running OK. When the car is driven the rumbling noise is amplified when the car hits any type of bump that causes the car to rock. As the car rocks lower the sound gets loader. When the car is in the high end of rocking cycle the sound is soft, but still there.

My 2003, ZETEC, automatic also experiences the rumble sound when it hits bumps only during the first drive of the day. The rumble goes away after the car is driven a few miles.

Any one else experience this and do you have a solution?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
have you made sure that it has nothing to do with your heater or a/c because i know when i have mine turned on it makes an annoying chirping noise and if i hit bumps it get louder and sometimes bumps make it to go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts