Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my prokit for just about 2 years and now I'm getting some rubbing. The rubbing only really occurs with people I the backseat and\or when hitting large bumps. Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Yup! Gravity is an unrelenting force. Springs will soften and sag a bit over time. What is the offset on your wheels if I may ask?

Reactions: jgustafson

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same as the EAPs I had on, can't think of the number though.

After only two years though, jeez. Thanks for the info though

·
Banned
894 Posts
The offset for SVT wheels is 49mm. Tire size is just as important as wheel offset when it comes to a setup rubbing or not.

I have also heard from various people that Eibach springs tend to sag more severly than other brands.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The offset for SVT wheels is 49mm. Tire size is just as important as wheel offset when it comes to a setup rubbing or not.

I have also heard from various people that Eibach springs tend to sag more severly than other brands.
Wow I had no clue about that but it would make a lot of sense. My tires are also the same sze as the stock setuo. Sounds like its time for some new springs, or some coilovers[driving]

Rep for the both of you!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If they are starting to sag I would replace them soon. About 2.5 years after I installed mine, I went to replace my struts and 2 of my springs were broken completely in half. I had notice a bit more rubbing the last 4 months or so. Also, if they are broken or I'd imagine even sagging, Eibach has a million mile warranty and if you take them back to where you bought them they will replace them.

Reactions: jgustafson
1 - 6 of 6 Posts