Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my car tonight with the H&R 2" front and 1.7" rear.I have a 225-40-18 tire and a 18x7.5 rim.I have a feeling I should have went with a 215-35-18 but it is a little too late for that!Is there anything I can do to make these tires work???I haven't even driven the car out of the parking lot.I pulled it back into my shop for the night to sleep.I want advice from people who really have been through this and have professional opinions.Thank you sooo much

·
Registered
373 Posts
where did you buy the tires? i had a rubbing issue when i put some 215/45/17's on and the shop i bought them from took them back hassle free. luckily they still had my old tires laying around while my 215/40's were in transit. contact them, let them know what the problem is, and they should take care of you.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Dude, I had 225's when I had my rims and even though I upgraded my entire suspension, I still rubbed. The tires are just oo wide and too tall. Drop down to some 35's and you may be able to get by. You can also try rolling your fenders or just drop to smaller rims altogether....

Here's what mine looked like when I had them...you can see there's not much room to play with. Imagine how bad it is when you hit a bump mid-corner...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The shop I bought mine at, did a test fit. They put on one of my new tires and wheels and felt all around the tire. Turned it left and right and felt all around again. If there were a problem, they would have shaved a little from inside the fender shields. They would not have let me go, till it was okay...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i think 18's are to big for the foci less u roll your fenders, do that and itll look good and your wheels will fit

·
Registered
348 Posts
IMO

You screwed up. Those tires are just too big for that amount of drop. You should have gone with less drop. It sounds like you have had the tires for a while, so I know you probably can't swap them, which sucks. Not much fender to roll on the Focus either.

Looks like you might need to pony up the cash for a new set of tires man. If you want to keep your 2" drop that is... In hindsight you should have gone with something a little less agressive in drop like .75" (SVT) or MAYBE 1.4" (Eibach Pro).

Live and Learn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone!!!I own a tint shop and at the same location is a performance shop.None of Spectrum motorsports employee's saw the end result because when they left the car was still on jacks!I have talked to them and my body shop and got two things that will make these work without a problem!Those of you who said to roll my fenders know what you are talking about!The other thing that will make it hassle free along with rolling the fenders is to get a camber kit and instead of fixing the camber bringing the wheels in more towards the inside wheel well.This will allow better handling and with this bigger tire a smooooooth ride.I have been driving the car all day long and the ride compared to crappy 215-35's is night and day.No I didn't mess up to whoever made the comment because the problem is now fixed and I am the only guy in town with a badass drop and huge assed wheels ...... :)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Glad things worked out for you. As for 35's, my fillings get loose just thinking about them with the roads we have around here!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts