Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a quick question I didnt see addressed when I searched.

My girl has a 2000 Focus LX with the 14 inch wheels. I am considering getting her 15 or 16 inch rims, either steel or alloy.

However, looking at the front tire well, theres maybe an inch or two between the current 14 inch tire and the plastic fenderwell linings of the car. The rear doesnt appear to be as close as the front.

My questions:

1 - Is this normal, or do the struts/springs probably need replacement? (Car has 85K on it)

2 - Will I run into rubbing issues with a 15 or 16 inch rim? Also, I know that the offsets of the 15 and 16 inch stock focus rims are listed, does anyone know the 14 inch rim offset?

3 - I know that other car make rims will fit the focus, and I have my eye on a set of 15 inch contour wheels right now. The offset seems to be in the range recommended. Has anyone tried this before and run into any issues?

Thanks for any and all help! [:D]

-DC

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
1. yes replace your shocks.....your way past due!

2. 15 and 16's are a stock wheel size as well. Make sure you use a stock tire size to avoid any interference issues (195/60-15 or 205/50-16). Use a wheel with an offset of 45 to 52.5 mm to be on the safe side.

3. Your on your own with the contour rims. However, if the offset is correct, the lug pattern is correct (4x108mm) and you use an appropriate tire size, they should work as well as any aftermarket wheel will.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
yeah its more a matter of the right tire/wheel combo....
and replace you suspension.... you might as well just upgrade and maybe drop it while your in the market...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts