Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the eibach prokit, had it for about 7k miles and when im driving hard on some corners the tire rubs on the front drivers side... dosnt happen everytime but its kinda annoying... i only have the stock 17s and 215/45 gforce sport tires on... is this normal or could the shock be bad?

·
Registered
921 Posts
How bad is the rub? Is it from suspension loading or from the wheel being turned too much (outside the fender). I've got a KW coilover kit and the tires sit right on the fender and I only rub a little bit on the driver's front during an autocross. I had the KW springs and shocks before with a 1.8 inch drop and did not rub at all. Makes me wonder if something's off. How much do you weigh?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol bout 220
only does it on occasions... might just be loading the suspension... just wierd thats the only one that does it

·
Registered
921 Posts
Is your front swaybar hooked up ok? No broken endlinks or worn bushings? 220 won't make the front rub on that drop. If you were over 300 pounds I'd say maybe, lol.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dunno... just got poly bushings put in and the shop didnt say nething about them being broken...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Are you considering another suspension kit or are you gonna put up with it?

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^i think the prob is somewhere else....i had the stock 17" rims with the 49mm offset and the 215/45 size tires with a 2"+ drop and NO RUB.....imma say blown shocks

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah I have the same problem with stock suspension.. I am pretty sure the strut is blown..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it might be... hasnt done it all the time... just on some more "spirited" drives

·
Registered
479 Posts
i get the same problem. i think its time 4 struts to. i 2 am looking for coilovers. mines rub as u said ocasionally. the really bad dips, reg driving no. really up in the air about which coilovers to get so many good ones out there.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Get the KW variant 2's George. You were behind me the whole way up River Rd. You've seen it...do it!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts