Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna do one of these...not sure which....anybody know hte diff in HP between the 2...and which one is quieter?

I know i know..do a search..but frankly..right now i'm feelin way to lazy to do it...so please help fellow lazy bretheren foci owners!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
RT would be quieter.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
r/t has a better sound, I've driven both..

not much difference in topend performance, although the R/T gets better low end power, the ORP supposedly peaks HP a little higher

·
Registered
579 Posts
installed what

well if it was the R/T cat all gets re-installed. don't leaving anything out, and as far as i know you have to do the same with the ORP.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
no, the first one needs to be installed, it gets the actual rich/lean readings... the second one is the one that is supposed to read a fairly constant voltage, thats why it can be tricked by a cheater.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I installed my supercharger at the same time and we put the new o2 sensor for the a/f gauge in the second one and just plugged the first one up because he said it would just burn out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
focusedintentions said:
Where's the cheapest place to get an RT cat for our cars?
If you can't find one in the Buy, Sell forum, Mcnews and Hypnotic has them, and I think newedgeperformance does too

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
pinacup7 said:
I installed my supercharger at the same time and we put the new o2 sensor for the a/f gauge in the second one and just plugged the first one up because he said it would just burn out.
thats a different story, you've got a completely different tune set-up with the S/C, and since it's an orp you can have the front 02 in either hole. However, I bet you it's still reading as a front sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts