Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased RS wheels wrapped in pilot super sports (235/35/19) and put them on my MK3 Sedan. Before that I installed Ford performance springs ,powerstop brake kit, stoptech ss lines. It wasnt all that I was hoping for. When i installed the rs wheels, it was awesome. Way way more than I expected, I was blown away. I see why everyone loves their STs. They look huge at first, but the suspension settles and they look a little more at home. They dont rub at all, even at full lock. I haven't seen anybody run RS wheels so I decided just to send it. Never really had a chance to reel out the full performance of any substantial car, so this is all new to me. I love how nimble and direct it is.

Attachments

·
So mote be it
8,800 Posts
yep that works, they do look a bit big but not terrible... as long as you are happy with them, all that maters.

Hows the ride/handling? Surely the turn in feels really sharp/quick but id guess you can feel the road harshness a bit more now. Are you good at pothole avoidance? [;)] I run a slightly thicker sidewall than you but not much; 255.35 on 18s on the ST.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the 235s where right 🤣🤣 it's not overwhelming. I certainly feel the tires catch grooves and its pulls from time to time. Turn in is great, super agile. The steering feel way lighter, but a little off. Like it should be heavier in some circumstances. Ride is decently stiff, not harsh by any means though. Thinking about putting RS brembos on there to take advantage of the extra grip (and to fill out the wheels cause stock calipers are tiny), and sway bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts