1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
there are a few european site where you can get the grill without lights (euro style), but not really cheap seeing as how they need to be shipped long distance and are Ford parts. Also, they will have the emblem on them. Anything without the emblem like the one in the ebay link will be aftermarket (unless its the Hofell grille which is uber $$$$$)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i've seen the Hofell... over priced queen. Cause what I was looking for was an emblem free grille that I might modify later with lets say focus badges or trim letters/numbers etc. So am I looking at having to spend 100+ dollars on something as small as this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
There is a member on this site who has a silver saleen if I remember correctly that has this exact grill and said he liked it, I tried to do a quick search for him but couldn't locate him, if I run across it I will let you know.

·
Registered
479 Posts
don't get it! That red focus in the ad is mine. I had that grill in for 3weeks. pos! just very thin fiberglass w/ chicken wire mesh. you scratch it easy when you put it on or wash it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fiberglass? That sucks... I figured it was made of plastic. Well I won't be buying that then. Did you replace it with something else or have you just placed your stocker back CH84?

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Hmm $60 for a knockoff grill and $33 to ship it. For that price i would just buy a euro grill from CFM.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
i just don't like the oem style w/ those plastic parts going over the turns. I think the svt is cleaner look. i don't mind amber in front bothers me only on sides, plus my turns are smoke and those grilles are clear. i would like to do something for the lower grille. i don't want to do the euro grille because of all the cutting and modifications.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
^^ gotcha. I actually like the plastic parts you're talking about because I think they help HIDE the turns (which I hate to begin with).

i would like to do something for the lower grille. i don't want to do the euro grille because of all the cutting and modifications.
Do I hear "SVT bumper"?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes that would be nice. I do love them much better and mine is cover in rock chips from dirt roads and hwy driving. I just have to keep telling my self to save money.

·
Registered
341 Posts
In general the knockoffs especially fleabay knockoffs are merely a cheap horribly fitting POS that looks somewhat like the original. Good thing ch84 spi chimed in.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Ah so that was you..... lol. Yesh uh..... hey I won't have the problem cause I don't have any foggers, lol. I really like the SVT grille, but the ST170's even better [thumb] you'd just have to spend the money on it. Hey, if you don't like the amber though, niteshade em! sounds like a cool idea. [thumb]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts