Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this just blows! [:(!] I've had my '03 ZX5 for only 3 weeks and today I rear-ended a pickup truck! [:(] It was my fault, and his truck was fine so we both went our own ways but I now have a hole in my front bumper cover from his hitch. Luckily it was only like 2mi/hr so that was the only damage...

Anyway, I'm looking for replacement covers and really like the looks of the RS types.

Anyone have the Cal-Focus RS bumper cover? Do they make it or is it available on other sites?

Also, anyone know if the bumper cover in the pic below is available from somewhere in the US?

Of course going with the RS bumper cover will mean new fog lights...so the total for the bumper and everything from Cal-Focus will run ~$565 w/ shipping. Ouch....

And finally, anyone know a ballpark for a decent body shop charge to prep/paint and install a bumper cover?

·
Registered
60 Posts
the pic above is the st170 bumper, the so cal bumper is a us spec of the rs. I have the rs bumper, check www.zx3tuning.com check with Shawn he will get ya hooked up

·
Registered
565 Posts
give it time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the estimate back from the dealer today...$630 to replace the front bumper cover! Ouch![eek]

So with that in mind...I think one of those rs types from cal-focus will be making it's way onto my car. I figure w/ shipping to come out a little over $500 w/ the fog lights. All I'd need is someone to prep & paint it for me (I think I can manage the install) and I'm not much over the cost of replacing the factory one thru the dealer.

One of my ideas to fix it in the short term (to just get it thru winter) is to heat the area up with a hairdryer and gently bend the piece back out of the hole. Then just fill it with Great Stuff (found at Home Depot) and let it come out the crack. Once it's dried and pushed into shape (held by duct tape) I can just carve off any extra Great Stuff and touch it up. It won't look perfect, but would be less noticeable during these winter months. Well that's my idea anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts