Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
This doesn't say anything about the RS coming to the US... just that Ford has given the green-light for the next-generation RS to be built. I still don't think we'll be getting it here in the US, especially since we'll have the ST... I don't think they love us enough here.

·
Registered
495 Posts
ummm i think i missed the part that said the rs was coming to the states ..?
[edit] ^arg ...got beat to it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You forgot that Ford said that the next Focus will be delivered Global? so whatever is made in UK is coming here as-well or we will get something similar like maybe with an Svt badge since RS and SVT teamed together for the next project. I think something is in the air.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You forgot that Ford said that the next Focus will be delivered Global? so whatever is made in UK is coming here as-well or we will get something similar like maybe with an Svt badge since RS and SVT teamed together for the next project. I think something is in the air.
Same car =/= same trims offered.

I get your point though, and didn't really think about it.

But, they made a wagon variant and we don't get that, at least not yet. No reason to think a 350hp Focus will sell well here, it's a very niche market and the price would be well north of $30k. Plus, it's still FWD... who wants to spend over 30 grand on a FWD 2-door when you could spend that on an AWD 4-door STi or EVO.

We will see though.

EDIT: and our "something similar" is already happening... we ARE getting the ST, but I doubt we'll get the RS.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Ford needs to build a focus that competes with a wrx. The ST is getting there though :]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The RevoKnuckle suspension acts similar to an Awd system and it can handle well over 500 fwhp without understeer, but yea well C, I'm going to hold my breath though and Hold on to my SVTF, not going to buy and RS just yet.....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
500hp without understeer? .... mmm i doubt it, the last RS had 300 hp , revoknuckle and also had understeer...

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The Focus is not made in the UK[boxface] The UK is not Europe. It is part of Europe, as is Germany and many other countries.
The Focus is assembled/produced in Saarlouis GERMANY.
The Focus RS is not a mainstream produced vehicle.
The Focus RS has and will be a very very very very very LIMITED produced car.
LIMITED = very few units will be offered.

My guess is that Ford would offer between 2,000-4,000 Focus RS for USA and Canada, with the 2,000 units being more realistic for the USA market and for Canada 50 - 100 units, with 50 being the more realistic number of RS offered.
And these numbers of units would be for a 2 year period 2014 & 2015 model years.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
I wouldnt mind having the hood and spoiler from that pic

·
Registered
968 Posts
The European Focus doesn't get the 2.0 that we have, they get a 1.6 (na or turbo) and a few diesel options.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Seriously? You have no idea where the Focus is made[giggle] go back to Focus 101 and start again.

·
Registered
497 Posts
They already make the AWD 5 cylinder turbo focus in the states..........

Its called the Volvo C30 (and frankly, it looks more......mature)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts