Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question... I'm looking for an RS replica bumper that fits the NON wide body oem focus, and I'm not talking about the large "replica" RS bumper that fits like the stock bumper does! I'm talking about a replica bumper that fits the stock fenders but has the slim profile of the european bumpers. BTW, i'm talking about the rear bumper. Anyone know if these exist and where I might snatch me up one?

NOT this (big bumper)

More like this (but not wide body)

·
Registered
451 Posts
i believe you are looking for the RS collection rear bumper.....?

it was an option on the MK1's 00-01 european focus

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmmmm.... close! But i'm looking for the center piece with the ridges in the middle. I want to paint that section matte black in contrast to the gloss black of the rest of the bumper, I think it'll look sweet!

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
bumper you are talking about was never made.

the replica bumpers of the MK1 RS are meant to fit the US crash beam.
in UK they dont have the same crash regualtions.

you want the slim MK1 rs bumper then you need widebody, (oem rs body)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Realy? That sucks! I figured that euro focus fans would have demanded this type of bumper! I just really love the slim euro bumper and love the simplistic ridging of the RS... DAMN! >:l

Can someone make some... please :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dung1sm - no, thats the same one in the first pic above... it doesn't look that big from this angle but its just as large as the regular bumper

And I think i'm just going to settle with the MK1 bumper. It has what I want with the rear lights and flush design minus the RS ridges but I've already tried to figure that out. How much are we talking about for an MK1 bumper?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
This looks really clean! How hard is it to find one of these in reasonable shape?
i got mine for around $200 with shipping from the UK with the bumper, lights, crash foam, and crash bar.
but that was 3 years ago.... they have gone up since and its hard to find people who will ship them here

Are you willing to give up the safety of your car to look "really clean"?
i know i am... [hihi] but really if you have the proper stuff (correct foam, correct crash bar) your not giving up any safety... the US has switched over to the same as the euro crash ratings now anyway. Notice all the new BMWs, Minis, Scions with these thin rear bumpers... thats why.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
i know i am... [hihi] but really if you have the proper stuff (correct foam, correct crash bar) your not giving up any safety... the US has switched over to the same as the euro crash ratings now anyway. Notice all the new BMWs, Minis, Scions with these thin rear bumpers... thats why.
Ahh I see. Well as long as everyone is as eager to be compliant, and purchases the right equipment, then there isn't a problem. I learned something today [thumb]

·
Registered
470 Posts
Are you willing to give up the safety of your car to look "really clean"?
Absolutely. [hihi]

i got mine for around $200 with shipping from the UK with the bumper, lights, crash foam, and crash bar.
but that was 3 years ago.... they have gone up since and its hard to find people who will ship them here
$200 is a pretty good deal actually. Question, with this bumper can the SVT or ST (US) diffuser fit? I cannot really see the bottom of the bumper in that pic, got any larger pics?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.