Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a picture of the F2 RS bumper cover on their focus? I need to replace my bumper that I ruined and am looking to upgrade while I am at it. Or other pics of aftermarket bumpers and where to buy them.

Thanks

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
i just got mine in a couple days ago after i ordered it ooooooooo....5 months ago. im actually uploading pics right now so once they r done, ill post up the pic i took of it. honeslty dude, the struggle and hassle i went through to get the bumper in my posession wasnt worth it. and when i actually did get it, how ricardo shipped it REALLY disappointed me. he actually folded each end of the bumper in towards the center and then wrapped it up in bubble wrap and sent it like that. ive let it sit out to let it retain its shape.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should rephrase this then. lol. Anyone have any pics of their aftermarket bumpers and where they bought them? As well as where to find SVT bumpers. I can't find em anywhere.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I love how it looks and all. I just want to know the fit and finish of the product. Basically how it fits up to the stock panels. I always hear horror stories about how the lines don't match up very well.

Does it come with all the tabs that go into the factory body points for attachment and such?

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
naw, all i got was the bumper. im sure u can just reuse the tabs and such when installing it. and i love how it looks also. thats the main reason i went with the F2 rear. i kinda knew about their shitty customer service but i went with it anyway. i guess if u just stay on em, u should get ur item. i also have their side skirts and they fit great. no problems with that at all.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm. Where are some other places to buy rear bumpers? I am so new in this body business....

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
you know the hatch bumpers don't fit the sedan right?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really? Damn. See... Totally new to this body parts scene. Well I guess that means the SVT rear facia is off. Back to the F2. I found more pics of it and I like it. Seems to fit ok. I wish I could get someone to take some real close pics of where the body parts meet.

One other thing. F2 says its made out of Urethane. What are the upsides and downsides to urethane body parts?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Urethane is the way to go, stay away from fiberglass, Urethane will flex were fiberglass will just shatter.

I'm not real sure of any of the options for sedan bumpers, keep in mind tho, that 05-07 is diff. than 1st gen models.

Isn't there a SAP edition rear bumper, with the insert? That'd be the cosest to the SVT.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah but from Ford it is an insane price. The stock ST bumper is like 500 dollars. I read a thread on here about someone who got their rear SAP bumper replaced by an insurance company and it cost 1000 dollars... lol. So you can see why I want to go aftermarket. I just wish I saw more pics of the fit and finish on the F2 RS bumper.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yeah, I hear that. It's a shame parts are so expensive, one little fender bender can pretty much total out a car.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah. Do you have any idea how to get those plastic rivets that hold the stock rear bumper side supports to the bumper cover off to reuse?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hopefully I can help you from past experience:

1. Stay away from Fiberglass especially if you live anywhere it snows or the roads are rough. It cracks super easy and is not moldable like urethane is. You could install it yourself but your gonna be doing alot of sanding, moving, screwing, shimming, and more body work to get it to look right.

2. I too ordered the F2 RS kit and like said above good luck! Mine was shipped the same way with the edges folded in in bubble wrap, I was really disapointed and in fact the bumper cracked from the way that it was shipped. Also I didn't get the lip kit that I paid for either. I emailed Ricardo when I got it (took about 4 months to get it) and he said he would get me a replacement and send me the lip kit as well. Well its been another 4 or 5 months and still no bumper or lip kit, I have sent numerous emails and he does not return them I would recommend you keep away its been nothing but a nitemare. I wish Ricardo would just get back to me and finish my order I've been wanting to get this car done for a long time and I only have half of what I ordered. I would love to promote his products because they are good quality but so far I have paid for a full kit and gotten half.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm. It really sounds like F2 is not the way to go. Anyone have any other suggestions for a sedan?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Not really. Pro DTM makes a rear bumper. F2 makes a really nice rear bumper and the SAP is really nice as well.

The F2 Focus

That's Ricardo's Focus. Keep in mind it has the wide body kit. Too bad they could never get the bi-turbo all hooked up. Poor car was a trailer jockey.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got the F2 carbon hood for my 05 zx3 and it too took FOREVER and the way it was packaged was cheesy, it does not fit up to good either. I wouldnt go F2.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts