Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
So after two months I?ve either been denied or not responded to by three different Ford dealerships. 2nd buyback request was denied. The Ford rep told me to not explain the issue to the next dealership I talk to. Just say ?the selling dealer is far away and I need paint work?. He said if I explain what the actual issue is they are going to all turn me away.

It?s almost funny at this point. I?ve been making phone calls and using my gas, and putting more miles on my car driving to Ford dealerships. And I?m doing this for a total paint defect from the factory. I feel like Ford should Point to a location, I take my car there, they paint it, end of the issue. Now the CS rep is asking me to hide the truth so a dealer will take the case.

I?m going to Better Business Bureau.

*Note. Wrote this on iOS 11 which appears to have issues with commas and apostrophes.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Wow, I could say a lot of stuff about that....Sounds like he was just pacifying you. I really don't know how Ford could release that paint job out the door to begin with. Did the dealer really not see this or what? Its one thing is you got say 5k off the price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow, I could say a lot of stuff about that....Sounds like he was just pacifying you. I really don't know how Ford could release that paint job out the door to begin with. Did the dealer really not see this or what? Its one thing is you got say 5k off the price.
If the dealer noticed it, they didn?t say anything. The car was in their showroom so I didn?t notice it. In fact, I didn?t notice it until the Ceramic Pro detailer showed me. I was naive and assumed buying it new, the paint would be fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree with all of the above; and also: if local Ford is giving you the runaround; call Ford Care and ask for the zone representative for your area. Keep going up the ladder until you get what you need. Do you have a lemon law where you live? If so; may be able to invoke it. As a former painter; it does indeed look like moisture was trapped between the primer and/or base/clear. And: if you have to have the car refinished; you may have to legally disclose it if you sell the car. Ask Ford about diminished value; but wait until after they've refinished your car. Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Collected info and filled out paperwork with BBB. I thought about requesting a buyback and getting something cheaper like a fiesta or mustang, but I?ve decided to request another RS. My first car was a 2001 ZX3, then a 2003 SVT, and a 2015 ST. The RS was always the dream car in America I could never own. Now I am fortunate enough to afford it, and Ford to bring it to the USA. Its been a very stressful 6 months dealing with issues, but I want to give the RS another chance. I?ve been rejected by three dealerships now, but realized a repaint is unacceptable as it diminishes the value. We will see how Ford responds.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It should have never left the factory like that, because you'd think Quality Control might have caught an issue like that. Keep the pressure on Ford.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I had the front struts replaced under warranty because my car would not go into race mode. Picked up the car and the back plate was rubbing on the rotor and the hub had two marks in it. Looks like Ford service took a crowbar to it. I took the car back and they admitted to the marks, but said ?it?s standard and causes no structural damage.? Am I being too picky?

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,086 Posts
Wait for the head gasket issues....

They could have put a towl around the bar....give it to em.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
FUBARCUS
7,769 Posts
I would make them replace the wheel. That's not acceptable in my book. There are so many ways to get a wheel off that is stuck without using a prybar...geez.

Whenever I have a stuck wheel, I just hit it with another wheel or a 2x4. For example, I changed a flat one time for someone and the flat wheel was stuck. I hit the flat with the donut to break the flat free from the hub.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,086 Posts
I would make them replace the wheel. That's not acceptable in my book. There are so many ways to get a wheel off that is stuck without using a prybar...geez.

Whenever I have a stuck wheel, I just hit it with another wheel or a 2x4. For example, I changed a flat one time for someone and the flat wheel was stuck. I hit the flat with the donut to break the flat free from the hub.
It's the rotor not the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
FUBARCUS
7,769 Posts

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile
I would make them replace the rotor. Still rediculous that they couldn't find a better way to remove a stuck wheel...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile
I would make them replace the rotor. Still rediculous that they couldn't find a better way to remove a stuck wheel...
Yeah, I may end up filling a separate BBB case with the dealer. My BBB corporate agent has filed my paint issues with Ford. They have 14 days to respond to my request for another RS.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Yeah, I may end up filling a separate BBB case with the dealer. My BBB corporate agent has filed my paint issues with Ford. They have 14 days to respond to my request for another RS.
What ever happened?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts