Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here have or know if you can put on the RS 18x8 rims on the ZX3 without any major issues? I have read that tire rub would be an issue, if so how would I fix this. Also does anyone powedercoat or paints wheels on here?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what does it look like now???

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I tried his gallery but there wasnt anything there... I'm kinda curious now too...[?]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i want to get 18's on my 05 zx3... im also wondering about issues... i have stock suspenion for now... how much could i lower it and still have no issues?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i'm sure 18x8 will rub, the major concern there being the 8, b/c that is way to wide for the stock fenders, with 18 inches.........the only way to do it w/o any rubbing i beilve would be like what random did, and cut them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it is only .5 more inches than what b16sir1991 was running on 18s and he didn't seem to have any problems. Still waiting to hear back from him about this......

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yeah, i wasn't really thinking about the fact that you only have the SVT suspension on it. Since that doesn't really lower the car that much, you shouldn't have that much of a problem. You might still have trouble when you're turning, but i'm not sure. If you plan on dropping more later, then you definately will have a problem.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well he was on tein springs, on the svt......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.