Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen the pics of the RS and to say the least the headlights are way better looking than the SVT's. Has anyone tried to replace the stock headlights with the RS headlights???

I know you can order a pair from europe for about 250 euros which is about 320 dollars...dont really want to blow the money if they dont fit though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Uhhh search button? And yes plenty of peple have done this, but the RS lights have a chrome cap instead of a turn signal, you're better off getting the ST170 lights unless you plan on reloacting your turn signals or changing the bumper to euro spec

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured there would be some turn signal relocation or rewiring but would the headlights themselves fit. not a big fan of the ST170 lights though...they look too "APC" crappy for me

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
here..i have rs head light...
st170 are the one people usually like...
they have the flashers in the headlight so you can take out the grille...

·
Registered
793 Posts
chubbz2.3 said:
i figured there would be some turn signal relocation or rewiring but would the headlights themselves fit. not a big fan of the ST170 lights though...they look too "APC" crappy for me
How do you get APC crappy from those? I dont see the connection. Only thing I dont like about the ST170s are the indicator lense is orange, I like clear lenses

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
APC crappy=ST170s............. i think not

·
Registered
671 Posts
mofocus I feel you. Not ACP!! I love them! Although the RS ones look a little better.

·
Registered
671 Posts
APC I mean.. dont rip me!

·
Registered
597 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
Uhhh search button? And yes plenty of peple have done this, but the RS lights have a chrome cap instead of a turn signal, you're better off getting the ST170 lights unless you plan on reloacting your turn signals or changing the bumper to euro spec
so the RS headlights don't have turn signals included in them? i thought the chrome cap was just to cover the orange turn sigs...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i believe they have turn sigs, its just not orange, i dont mind the orange in the headlights, its a heck of alot better than the orange in the grill, and the ST170s dont all come w/ the clear sigs

·
Registered
597 Posts
oh i see...so the RS headligts won't be legal here (unless i keep the stock turn sigs...which i def. won't);
i'll have to choose between the stock european headlights and the ST170s

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
they are no more illegal than clear corners

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
huh?
i think the rs turn signals are not functional....

·
Registered
450 Posts
i`d go for the euro one`s...think they look the best...especially on a black foci

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like the st170 lights personally. do you have to order a special wiring kit for them or does it have a set up for the second set of lights in there?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
yes...
you need special cables...well not cables its morea convertion plug...then you need a vw plug so you will avoid cut the sock headlight plug...
i did my headlights on 2 hrs...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm maybe the rs HLs are something i should make work...i live in cali and all ive seen out here are those dual individual lamp setups and the svt HLs...first in my area to have those...possibly[headbang]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts