Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently took delivery of a 2017 Ford Focus RS. I wasn't about to have the cross bar valance drilled to accommodate a front licence plate. I searched the market for a solution. I found plate holders that blocked the air intake and others that were really ugly. So, I designed my own plate holder... Remember form follows function.

Mine is mounted without making holes in the car, positioned with minimal interference to air flow and close to zero turbulence behind it, consequently smooth air flow into the top and bottom air intakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the license plate holder that uses the stock tow hook area. Plus i have a carbon fiber front bumper garnish so it lets that still be visible.

Id check it out. AWDmods.com has them in stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
How did you do this? I need a front plate asap and I'd rather not pay 90 bucks for a cut tow hook!
Hi, sorry about the very tardy reply. I am not a computer guy and didn't realize anyone had posted comments... If you are still interested, I sell them for $100.00 US plus shipping.
I use black urethane adhesive to attach it to the car, same product used to install windshields. you may have to trim the edges of your licence plate to fit into the mold. I kept the mold as small as possible so that it wouldn't interfere with air flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts