Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The RS front fenders and bumper make for the perfect OEM drag frontend. Time for some bigger tires.

Also, I included some interior photos that show off the custom fabricated dash frame, steering column, and clutch/brake pedal assembly. The chassis is much stiffer now with the dash frame and it also saved quite a few pounds. Another unique feature of the dash frame is that the whole dashboard pops in and out with only three zeus fasteners. The steering column is fully adjustable and utilizes a quick disconnect steering wheel while retaining the factory plastic covers and turn signals are still functional.

Also, if you don't know already this is Focus_ZX3's car...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i wish i had a zx3, i have to just stick with zx5 euroness [:(]

looks good man.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sheer ridiculousness. Thumbs up to Dominic for the awesome fab work and the mechanical knowhow. Legendary car in my mind.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
These pics do the car absolutely no justice. No offense Eric... LOL

The dash skeleton and steering rack were completely removed and Dominic put together his own custom steering rack and a custom dash frame so he can remove the dash with THREE bolts. No joke, it took him maybe 2 minutes to remove the dash.

Just a badass car, no question.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
very cool....say how would 18x8's fit in that front end?
The wheels in those pics are already at least 8" wide... the backspacing is a bit different from stock RS though, so he's looking to put on 9" wide wheels or bigger if they fit.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
very very nice!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
WTF i saw this car a couple months ago and just thought it was thee nicest cleanest focus ever. Props for making something great even greater!

·
Registered
804 Posts
that is great stuff its comin up to be clean and mean great FAB work post asap when finished

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
love it. the wide kit looks great on there.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Cant wait for some 1/4 times! Looks Great!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
wow that fab work is amazing! i love creative insight like that!

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
just wondering but how well did all of the body parts fit on? no fit ment issues? does the stock bumper foam peice still fit the rs bumper? also are u going to be using any fender liners the black plastic peice that goes in there? is so are u using the stock ones? and how does it like up with the door and are u still able to run a side skirt? just wondering.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts