Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has the rs edition front bumper and if it is a direct fit when you take the front bumper off. Also I was wondering how much you paid for it. I was looking at european-parts website and the price converted to like a little over $500. I was wondering if there was anyway to get the bumper cheaper.

Shawn

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think el_pio has it, i remember lookin through the forum once and he had it, i think it was him though, that was awhile ago

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
no its not a direct fit...
you will need to cut the rebar...
there are a couple of people arround in the board who have the bumper too...
they will tell you the same thing !

call the guys at bat inc...
might be cheaper...
i actually was lucky...
i bought the bumper just before the rise of the price of the euro against the dollar !

lucky me !
i spent a little over a 1000 for the bumper headlight grille and side markers...
not bad IMO !

good luck man !

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
check into the cal-focus.com rs front bumber. It's made for the US bumper...no cutting, and uses the stock us bumper lights....
I just tried the site and the link to the focus catalog is either reaslly slow...or something. I didn't wait around for it. Check another time.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
bah !
if you buy that you cant say it an euro bumper !

[;)]

J/k...

i saw it on the mag and it looked very good...

Joel

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the one from Cal-focus the same size as the real euro one? also I wanted to put a MS design front lip one there, do you think the lip will fit on the US spec one?
thanks for the replys

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
HRW...
i love the mag...
thanks...
i''m from the few who have it here in PR !

again thanks !

Joel

·
Registered
126 Posts
The US spec "RS" bumper is inferior in quality- It is fiberglass [thumbd] Though if you don't want to mess with cutting your rebar, I suppose it's the way to go.

As far as the Euro spec RS, it's gonna be between $500 and $700 no matter where you get it from, that is if you want the kit, which includes mounting hardware, grill mesh, signals and fogs. I got mine from ZX3tuning, and paid about $600 plus shipping (which was roughly $100). It would have been slightly cheaper at BATinc., but they weren't going to have them for like at least another two weeks after I'd already waited 1.5 weeks, and my car was at the autobody waiting for the parts, so I went with ZX3tuning. I have ordered from both places and the customer service is good at BATinc., and excellent at ZX3tuning. I think that European-parts.net is going to be definitely more expensive once you figure shipping, though Indy's customer service is very good as well.

As far as lips are concerned, you cannot fit a Euro spec lip on an NA bumper, nor can you fit an NA spec lip on a Euro-spec bumper, unless you wanna get crazy with cutting stuff and/or bondo.

Hope that helps, and good luck! The finished look is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do you have to replace the fenders when you get this bumper?

·
Registered
126 Posts
whoaizmyflow said:
Do you have to replace the fenders when you get this bumper?
No. I only replaced mine because they got wrecked and I figured hey, why not make the whole front Euro?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
you dont need to...you could thou...and will look better with the sidemarkers....

Joel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts