Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was damaged by a reversing moving truck on the rear drivers side quarter and i'm going to be receiving money to get it fixed but instead of going oem i want to go RS wide. So the question is, should I be looking into getting oem RS fenders or should I settle for aftermarket (ie. f2)? Would either make installation easier/cheaper? You tell me!

·
Registered
803 Posts
The OEM RS rear fenders would look best but are pricey and the installation might be more expensive. I've been told that the F2 ones expand a bit when they get heated but can't say from personal experience. There is also a fiberglass fender flare that is being offered that mimics the real RS one also and comes right in the middle between the real RS and the F2 flares in terms of price. I am also debating which way to go.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
FYI: Capaldi Racing has a bunch or RS stuff for sale in their section.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
^^^i was going to say that... you should check capaldi racing... they have oem RS stuff and not to pricey ,imo

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ill check them out. Now i know I def don't wanna mess with fiberglass... at this point I don't think they should be making that stuff anymore, urethane or steal is the way to go!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of the fenders on a RS... the door sheet metal is the exact same on the RS as it is on my ZX3 right? I'm talking in regards to the front fenders. Anyone know?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
but...correct me if i'm wrong...but i think you'll need the rear bumper as well...actually both front and back if you're doing fenders and quarterpanels both

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I def meant to get the rear bumper if I'm going to put the rear quarters or the front bumper if the front quarters were going to go in! But I was second guessing myself about the doors though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts