Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
What? It was revealed? I couldn't tell on account of the livestream only being configured to broadcast to 100 people. /s :/

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Torque vectoring allowing 70% to the rear wheels, 100% of which can go to either of those wheels. [driving] [thumb] [clap]

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Anybody know what the ganorp is between the tailpipes in the back?
I can't exactly tell you why, but it's a light. The mini has it:

If I remember correctly from Top Gear UK, it's a law in Europe. The Focus RS would be probably build oversea OR with Euro Spec.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Any guesstimate on MSRP pricing? I wouldn't be surprised to see upper 30s.

·
Registered
154 Posts
[thumb][thumb][thumb]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Prices will be dictated on availability which say,if that number is 1000 cars then you won't see any of them under $40k ($50k?) but if it's more like 10,000 units than prices should be reasonable.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I did not see anything on projected price or if there will be a restricted number of units.
However they are only producing them in one facility, The plant in Saarlouis, Germany for global consumption. That alone leads to a supply constraint issue if they aren't going to displace too many of the higher volume production of the regular Focus for the RS, and the RS has always been a bit limited in volume, though now with it being sold globally might have a few more units built than before.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It looks really nice, they did a good job. I am guessing this will go for over $40K after the Dealer marks it up, also I bet the insurance will be as bad as an EVO.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My insurance on my Evo IX wasn't bad… I expected worse.

With that said, this is HUGE, the car being AWD is going to satisfy SO many customers. There is going to be a huge influx of people rushing to this… Including potentially myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, as they have done a fabulous job promoting it, and the car does look great! I'm glad it doesn't have the "Aston" look to it, it looks more aggressive, which is what it needs. Can't wait!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing it, as they have done a fabulous job promoting it, and the car does look great! I'm glad it doesn't have the "Aston" look to it, it looks more aggressive, which is what it needs. Can't wait!
I feel like you can really see the original MK1 RS in it's design. It's just a more current look. I'm not complaining.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
The comment section is sort of entertaining too. All the people saying that at the price point, they would go for a Mustang GT or a Vette... [?|][8]

I'm sorry but driving through curves is way more fun than speed in a straight line.
LOL I didn't read the comments. People don't understand different purposes of different cars. At the price point I'd rather not have something that can't go through snow (both cars you mentioned) or one that literally falls apart (Corvette). The RS would make for an amazing year 'rounder for me.

I'm honestly quite surprised this thread is as dead as it is too. I thought we were Focus Fanatics here.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I'm honestly quite surprised this thread is as dead as it is too. I thought we were Focus Fanatics here.
I'm surprised too!

Honestly, I would have planned to buy one if Ford hadn't handled my transmission issues so horribly.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
LOL I didn't read the comments. People don't understand different purposes of different cars. At the price point I'd rather not have something that can't go through snow (both cars you mentioned) or one that literally falls apart (Corvette). The RS would make for an amazing year 'rounder for me.

More of the discussion is taking place in the RS specific section of the forum:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=345

This topic is sort of in the wrong sub section, but since the car is tangentially an MK3/MK3.5 it still fits.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts