Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You pull up in an RS & people just move over. Lol poor guy in a Civic SI just looks as he knows what’s under the hood of an RS so he doesn’t even bother. Even STI guys yield to the RS. That’s what the RS is all about.
Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Absolutely. The RS would blow the doors off an Si. I'm just saying for a daily, I'd take the still fun Si and pocket the ~$15K difference.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Plus it’s nice to have the larger 2.3L turbo & AWD from a start/stop when you want to get around an annoying driver.
If that's all you want, just pick up a used Lincoln MKC 2.3. They're very comfortable, very cheap used, and very quick at a stop light. [wiggle]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,456 Posts
So you purchased a grandma car. LMFAO Enjoy weezi.
What makes you say a ''grandma car''? I thought the mkc is a upgraded escape & has a 23 which the escape doesn't.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,456 Posts
Get you a Lancia Delta hf Integrale evo, which then would get you in the cool kid club...[thumb]

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
At this point, I don’t see myself getting an RS. First of all, this car is so overpriced in California that’s it’s getting ridiculous. Dealers are advertising these 2016-2017s with little 3/36 left for 36-38k, which is insane & yet having no issues selling them. If a used RS lasts a week out here it’s a miracle. Plus, the head gaskets are a major deal with me, they need to have been replaced & also insurance rates are very high, poor MPGs etc.

Never say never but I’m really slowed my search simply because people are overpaying for this car & I’ll never do that. And yes, I know the ST is cool but I just don’t want a FWD turbo car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here’s a prime example: ‘17 RS for sale at a Honda Dealer. Okay that’s my first red flag. Who buys an RS then trades it for a Honda? In any case, I pull up the Carfax & it shows that the pervious owner took the car into Ford twice within a 3 month span for a ‘fluid or oil leak’. A month after that, the car is for sale. 32k & no one knows anything about anything. Fluids are good, nothing to be worried about. Yea really? No I don’t think so.....

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Or a BMW Dealer selling a ‘16 RS with 15k miles & 3 previous owners for 36k are you kidding me? 3 owners in 3 years & 36k? If that’s not a red flag then idk what is? And no where does it show anywhere that the head gaskets were replaced & of course the sales people will act oblivious to the issue.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,456 Posts
Thats what I get possibly 25-30% of the time (multiple owners) when I'm checking out high performance vehicles also. A good possibility is someone traded it for a type r. Yeah I also wouldn't overpay for a vehicle either.

Reactions: Pokerrun388

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It’s a supply & demand issue now with the RS & ST. Dealers feel the need to overprice them & unfortunately there are many buyers out there that will overpay. I’ll never be one of those buyers though.

For example, if I could’ve bought a brand new ‘18 ST1 last year for 20k, what makes a dealer think I’d be willing to pay 22k for a used one? Lol but hey, like I said, many buyers don’t do their homework or simply don’t care & will overpay.

I’ll say this though, if an ‘18 ST1 sold new for 20k, then to me it’s worth at least 10% less or more now, depending on mileage. Is a two year old 2017 Focus RS worth 37k? Of course it’s not, but Carmax dealers in LA think it is & unfortunately clueless buyers will always overpay even without finding out if the FSA on the head gaskets was done.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Some people have money or they don't care, and they're going to buy what they want. They are not going to deprive themselves over cost.
That applies to everything in life jewelry luxury items I can go all day.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yea, I get that about the money & it’s very true. One last thing about the RS: I’ve never seen a car Lemon lawed as much as this one. Let’s say you go onto CarGuru’s & pull up 2016-2018 Focus RS. Between Lemon Law & accidents you can eliminate up to 30 cars on any given day. I already called AAA & the agent told me they won’t insure a Lemon lawed vehicle.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,456 Posts
Some people have money or they don't care, and they're going to buy what they want. They are not going to deprive themselves over cost.
That applies to everything in life jewelry luxury items I can go all day.
Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
This^^^ & to add, a good percentage of ppl aren't grabbing or taking responsibility to pay the note.....

Reactions: zacautomotive

·
w/ my magic bag
29,456 Posts
It’s a supply & demand issue now with the RS & ST. Dealers feel the need to overprice them & unfortunately there are many buyers out there that will overpay. I’ll never be one of those buyers though.

For example, if I could’ve bought a brand new ‘18 ST1 last year for 20k, what makes a dealer think I’d be willing to pay 22k for a used one? Lol but hey, like I said, many buyers don’t do their homework or simply don’t care & will overpay.

I’ll say this though, if an ‘18 ST1 sold new for 20k, then to me it’s worth at least 10% less or more now, depending on mileage. Is a two year old 2017 Focus RS worth 37k? Of course it’s not, but Carmax dealers in LA think it is & unfortunately clueless buyers will always overpay even without finding out if the FSA on the head gaskets was done.

Don't forget dealers have flooring costs ( which could be from $5.-$10 or so a day) & as far as Carmax does they or ppl can have the vehicles shipped from any Carmax location to another one no matter where its at.

Reactions: Pokerrun388
41 - 56 of 56 Posts