Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would an RS perform as a daily driver vs. an ST? I always see so many used RS models for sale with under 10k miles & was wondering why? I’ve also noticed that many dealers still have brand new 2017 models on their lots. Seems odd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Whats the price difference.....used vs new? I'd install K/W coilovers for a lot better ride.....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
A quick look I see one w/ 25k for 27.700.....Kinda quite a lot of them out there used for sale.....Possibly the h/g issue & the rough ride spooks them....Once the h/g is sorted all you need to do is install a quality c/o kit to smooth out the ride....Seems like it doesn't really need anything, least I would do anything to it but drive it & enjoy it.....They really pull that you don't need to do anything, but drive it & pay it off.........

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’d love to drive an RS for one week before I commit to spend 35k+ on a Focus. I’m so curious about the ride quality, the seats, the MPG & the manual shifting. I think the white & gray RS both look sharp!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I’d love to drive an RS for one week before I commit to spend 35k+ on a Focus. I’m so curious about the ride quality, the seats, the MPG & the manual shifting. I think the white & gray RS both look sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
If its your only vehicle, figure on getting a quality c/o kit, shifting gears is part of the experience & the mpg is about 20 all around(when not beating on it) + it has a slightly bigger fuel tank compared to the st.....I myself find the rs seats more comfortable then the st3 seats....Have a look at the Nitrous blue...<3 the pearls & thats the correct color for a RS.....It is very addicting to whip around....

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So many Ford dealers still have brand new 2017s on their lots & in many cases the cars have been sitting there for 500+ days. I really love the White or Slate Grey RS. I wonder how much, if any, off the MSRP Ford dealers are willing to go to move the 2017s.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
They are paying a flooring charge unless the dealer actually owns it....

·
Registered
938 Posts
They are paying a flooring charge unless the dealer actually owns it....
In a lot of cases, dealers buy specialty cars like that, just to leave them in the showroom and/or park them out front. They generate buzz/traffic for the lot, and then the dealer knows it can be easily sold later.

When the previous gen of Camaro's ended (2001?), I remember the local dealer having a new one sitting on his lot with a "last one" line handwritten on the sticker. They added $2K on top of the sticker. He was in no rush to sell it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I wonder how many miles you can get on those Michelin Pilot Super Sports w/19” wheels, if you daily drive an RS?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Figure on depending on how you drive & then tack on its a high stick/friction tire for performance cars....You wouldn't want to down grade tires for sure......

·
Registered
617 Posts
High rollers don't ask how long their tires will last...they smoke em and worry bout that shizzle when the time comes. FTW gobigcrew! #idoburnouts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
the RS isnt a very good race car. so by default it must be a daily driver

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sure wish I could rent an RS for a day to figure out if I like it or not, before spending 30k+, but I don’t see anywhere in SoCal that rents them? I just don’t feel like a 10min test drive with a salesperson bugging me is enough, especially after watching all the mixed reviews on YouTube about the suspension & seats.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts